Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sdeutsch6480
Level 8

Re: Bravo App crashes

Same thing with me bravo app used to work but now has crashed

0 Kudos
Ktrail
Level 8

Roku has been absolutely NO HELP with this problem. I guess I am going to get an Amazon fire stick because it works on there. Terrible customer service from Roku. All Roku does is repeat the same steps of completely removing and reinstalling even after we have all stated that we have tried that will no success. 

0 Kudos
slyfantaisie
Level 7

I understand how ya feel. So, I found that after peacock app started, none of the NBC affiliated apps would work. I finally emailed NBC and they directed me to their help page and the following information below:

(For sure be sure to use the NBC.com/activate this is the only way I got the individual apps such as bravo to work correctly.) So this is actually an NBC apps problem instead of roku because according to the email from NBC tech they are the ones responsible for making sure their apps work in a compatible way with roku. I hope this helps you out and you get the apps back like I did.

BTW We also have a fire stick, but rarely use. We like the Roku format so much better. Just our opinion on that. 😊

Try to log out and re-authenticate through TV provider 

From Home in the app, select 

More then 

My Profile then 

Unlink 

If you aren't signed in within the app you are trying to use, sign out of your provider in another app in which you are signed in (NBC, Bravo, E!, Oxygen, SYFY, Telemundo, USA) to sign out of your provider for all apps.

Sign in to the primary address on your provider account in the settings our app and

try again.

When activating, please use nbc.com/activate only on computers or mobile devices. For trouble with that page, clear browser data

https://help.nbc.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034968874-Our-Basic-Troubleshooting-for-Roku

https://help.nbc.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034968874-Our-Basic-Troubleshooting-for-Roku

0 Kudos
nyc79
Level 8

Bravo App Keeps Crashing

I've been having a similar issue also, but haven't tried the above suggestion yet. I'm logged in with my cable provider through Bravo. Whenever I try to watch live TV, it'll play for a few minutes, then go to a black screen showing a gray box with the title of the current show playing & white dots underneath like it's loading and/or buffering. It will stay like that for a few seconds, & then show an error message with an exclamation mark saying something like please try again later. 

I keep having to exit the app entirety, & then start it again to watch it live, only to have it keep doing the same thing over & over again. Tried reinstalling/uninstalling, logging out & then logging back into the app, but nothing. Never had this problem before with Bravo. All other apps live feed work fine.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Bravo App Keeps Crashing

Hi @nyc79

We're sorry for the experience – this is not what we aim for.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. Since the issue persists even after removing the channel then re-installing it, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can reach Bravo Support here: https://www.bravotv.com/contact

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
smokeczech
Level 7

Re: Bravo App Keeps Crashing

Same problem! I love how the only fix Roku has is to contact someone else. How about you work on a fix for all the people who have your TV…

0 Kudos