Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
columbia24
Level 7

Why does Roku have a QAnon app?

I don't know if anyone here has watched the first episode of the new Q documentary on HBO (exposing its danger/absurdity) but it mentioned Patriots' Soapbox, a channel devoted to promoting Q conspiracies. The Patriots' Soapbox YouTube channel has been taken down, and a Google search shows that all but one result details how dangerous the channel has been. The other result? https://channelstore.roku.com/details/5e40f4969aacb8c01eda1dce6fdc6100/patriots-soapbox-news-network with a lot of positive ratings! I'm all for free speech, but other tech companies have taken a clear stance, and Roku is at this point complicit in whatever gets shared to users through their Roku devices. I may not have the channel on my Roku TV, but the fact that others do concerns me. How do other people feel? Agree? Disagree?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AvsGunnar
Level 10

Re: Why does Roku have a QAnon app?

One of the great things about Roku and their platform is that you are free to watch, and alternatively, not watch almost any type of content you choose.  

As with any service, as more people begin to discover and migrate to Roku and other streaming services, so will the opinions of what people should be allowed, and alternatively, not be allowed to watch.