Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ebgoldma
Level 8

Re: HBO Max freezes when app opens home screen, only to close and return back to Roku home page

Jump to solution

I have the Roku Streaming Stick+ 3811X and the HBO Max app does not work on this device.

0 Kudos
KarinAustin
Level 7

Re: HBO Max keeps freezes - then crashes back to home screen

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. I cannot find any method to input my Spectrum account number to ROKU HBO Max to watch the programs. HOB Max is slow to load, then defaults back to the ROKU home channel page. The ROKU chat support was NO help whatsoever!

0 Kudos
KarinAustin
Level 7

Re: HBO Max keeps freezing - can't watch anything

Jump to solution

I have removed, restarted and added back HBO Max with no joy. Chat support was not helpful at all.

0 Kudos
KarinAustin
Level 7

Jump to solution

Tried that too. Snagged the first program listed on the HBO Max portal, then it asked my to subscribe with ROKU (no) then the drop down box would only allow the first option (from a Tennessee company) when I use Spectrum. HBO Max would delete on its own and return the the channel home page.

0 Kudos
maxproandu
Level 9

HBO Max freezes when app opens home screen, only to close and return back to Roku home page

Jump to solution

First news on a 7000X. Added to list!

0 Kudos
maxproandu
Level 9

HBO Max freezes when app opens home screen, only to close and return back to Roku home page

Jump to solution

The 3810X/3811X was one of the 1GB units that we saw a few HBO max issues. Some are working, with not explanation. Added a footnote to the post.

Thankx!

0 Kudos
Ottothewee
Level 7

Jump to solution

This works! Nothing else was working for me. Load content directly from the Roku search function.

0 Kudos
Heywardj2
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm working with someone at HBOmax now and they're clueless as to how to help. You only get basic results like "delete the app and reinstall it" or "do you have internet connection" literally a waste of time asking HBOmax to help. 

0 Kudos
Two-bad-dogs
Level 8

Jump to solution

If you have an older Roku nothing will fix it. Buy a new one. I had to replace 3. Uninstall reinstall won’t help and you will not get help from Roku or HBOMAX. The app was not built to be backward compatible with older Roku devices. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I still use my Ultra 4800 for Max instead of my Shield because on the Shield they still have only stereo available. With the Roku it's 5.1. And I never have an issue with playback. I don't use the search function.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos