Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tdubb
Level 7

Re: Temporary fix.......

Jump to solution

Yep!  This is how I have been having to watch, too.  And I am watching the Flight Attendant also!  Hope you are enjoying it! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
tylerbk
Level 8

Jump to solution

The search from ROKU home screen for a specific program works for me but when I try to browse using the four squares it crashes again, just like when you try to open up the app. And everyone on here slagging ROKU customer "support" is completely right. I have gotten nowhere with them. This is the last ROKU I will ever buy and I have been using this since the very first model. Disgusted. 

JWnola
Level 9

Jump to solution

As I'd stated in my original post about finding the back door, you can search ANYTHING you know is on HBO Max in Roku home page search (not the roku channel!)

It will ask you who is watching and then take you directly to the show streaming. From there, you hit the back button and go ONLY to SEARCH within the HBO Max app and find things from there...or you will get booted off.....stick with search only.

Then, when you want to go back in at a later time...use the same Roku search show you chose the first time, to get back in---it'll still be sitting there on your searched list every time. I've been using it for days this way.

Yeah, it SUCKS- but it's a way in...for now. You'd think it'd be fixed by now!!

boricua3205
Level 7

Re: HBO Max app crashes when playing certain content

Jump to solution

Same issue here, crashes before loading.  Restarting the Roku resolved it for a while... about ready to go to Firestick?

0 Kudos
JWnola
Level 9

Jump to solution

PS,

They got a little closer with new update---"Continue Watching" loaded for the first time before I got booted back to Home Screen. What a joke.

0 Kudos
JimmyCra
Level 8

Re: HBO Max keeps freezing - can't watch anything

Jump to solution

Finally able to check my third device which is at a different location. 3700 ROKU EXPRESS 9.4.0 build 4190-28.   WORKS FINE !  Everything loaded up fine. Went in and out of the app three times. Started three different programs as test. — FINE. Using  Verizon account in home with Optim wifi. 
 The 3500 stick is still a problem.

0 Kudos
emmag
Level 7

Jump to solution

Danny--I have tried these steps every day multiple times.  HBO Max keeps crashing. I am considering filing a fraud complaint with the appropriate government agencies. At the very least, Roku needs to acknowledge this is a problem.

PeteCharles
Level 9

Update fixed original problem, but introduced two more.

Jump to solution

Happy to report that the HBO Max app on my TCL Roku TV updated this evening, and original problem has been resolved.  Now when I click on a certain movie title in My List, the movie plays instead of kicking me back to the Roku Home Page.  But, and a big but...two more new problems introduced.  One, when I try to simply open the app it will open and then immediately crash and send me back to home page.  After 3 or 4 tries I can finally get in.  Two, only 24 of my titles will appear in My List, and I have over a 100.

0 Kudos
PeteCharles
Level 9

Jump to solution

HBO Max app on my Roku TV finally updated an hour ago and my problem is resolved.  Now I am no longer kicked back to Roku Home Page when I click on a particular movie title.  I did this by forcing the update by selecting the Max app icon on home page, then clicking the * button on the remote and selecting update.  

UPDATE, not pleased:  Wow, an hour after making this post last night about my issue being fixed, it reared its head again, TWO more issues were introduced.  Now on occasion I am immediately kicked out of the app and thrown back to home screen simply trying to open the app; I click on my name when app first opens and it crashes; after 3 or 4 tries I can finally get in.   Second problem, only 24 titles out of over a 100 will appear in My List, so I can't even browse the favorites I've painstakingly picked out.

JobsM
Level 9

Jump to solution

I did as you suggested and updated the app but I'm still getting booted back to the Roku home page. I am still able to use JWnola's workaround~ thank you for figuring that out JWnola! I actually can use HBO Max's search once I get in from the show's home page but when I hit browse it starts to load and back I go to Roku's home page. It's almost as though the home page has too much content to load.                                   I did receive email yesterday from a member of of HBO Max's Specialized Support team asking for App Version and my Roku's Operating System Version which hopefully means they are working on the problem.  I'm glad the update worked for you. Mine is an older Roku (3500X  Roku Stick/Software version 9.4.0 build 4200-09) so perhaps that is the reason. I'll keep the group updated if I hear anything back from them.