Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kevin2050
Level 7

Re: HBO Max keeps freezing - can't watch anything

Jump to solution

I tried removing, updating, restarting etc.....NO Luck still doesn't work.

0 Kudos
JWnola
Level 9

Jump to solution

As I posted in another thread...I've done all of the "fixes" you all have, and nada. I was in on Thursday and adding movies to playlist but booted every time since. I was on Roku Stick Home page and happened to click on banner ad for Joker on HBO Max, and lo and behold- the movie streamed. From there, I hit the back button and was within HBO Max app-- do not go to home page or you get booted off...go to "search" for access to content. This back door may hold you over until they fix it!

PeteCharles
Level 9

Jump to solution

I'm having the same or similar problems many list here in this thread.  If it means anything, I'm using a ROKU TV, have tried all the offered suggestions to fix, but no luck.  My app opens but when I click a certain movie to watch, it crashes and sends me back to Roku Home Screen.

0 Kudos
Timoteo
Level 8

Jump to solution

Us: hellooo? Roku admin are you listening? Will you please help??

Roku: *crickets* 🦗 

0 Kudos
JimmyCra
Level 8

Jump to solution

It was national news a couple of years ago when the first episode of the final season of Game of Thrones was crashing on streaming services.  Why am I not finding this mentioned outside of this forum when I google it ?   I mean, I am comforted that I’m not the only one who has this issue... but are we a small group ?  I have an older stick and an an even older XD box.   I also subscribe to HBO through Verizon FIOS.  Is this only happening on some devices or only to people presubscribed to HBO through Cable tv ?

0 Kudos
Jmed
Level 9

Jump to solution

@JimmyCra wrote:

It was national news a couple of years ago when the first episode of the final season of Game of Thrones was crashing on streaming services.  Why am I not finding this mentioned outside of this forum when I google it ?   I mean, I am comforted that I’m not the only one who has this issue... but are we a small group ?  I have an older stick and an an even older XD box.   I also subscribe to HBO through Verizon FIOS.  Is this only happening on some devices or only to people presubscribed to HBO through Cable tv ?

I’m subscribed directly to hbo, and I’m having this problem. I finally got hbo max to work on thursday, watched a couple of episodes of a show, but then Friday - just kept crashing. Continues to crash today. I have a 3500X Roku stick plugged into an hdmi port on my tv. Using uverse wifi. 

0 Kudos
Jmed
Level 9

Jump to solution

@JWnola wrote:

As I posted in another thread...I've done all of the "fixes" you all have, and nada. I was in on Thursday and adding movies to playlist but booted every time since. I was on Roku Stick Home page and happened to click on banner ad for Joker on HBO Max, and lo and behold- the movie streamed. From there, I hit the back button and was within HBO Max app-- do not go to home page or you get booted off...go to "search" for access to content. This back door may hold you over until they fix it!

I also have a roku stick (3500x). I do see a banner on the roku home page that advertises something on hbo max. I use a roku remote, and I can’t figure out how to click on the banner itself. There’s a play button under the banner, so I hit play on the remote, and it took me to the hbo max home page. Rats! I had such high hopes for this solution/workaround! Thank you for posting it, anyway - I hope it helps some of us!

0 Kudos
Jmed
Level 9

Jump to solution

@Timoteo wrote:

Us: hellooo? Roku admin are you listening? Will you please help??

Roku: *crickets* 🦗 

I could understand if they were working to come up with a solution, but they haven’t even acknowledged that we’re all having this problem. At least let us know you’re working on it....if you are....

0 Kudos
bumkat
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just connected my roku subwoofer and tried 3x to hbomax.  It went thru to 'who is watching' prompt then to next screen then bounced me out to roku home screen.

I turned off tv via roku remote, then restarted and was able to get in.

0 Kudos
Jimid123
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. I have deleted HBO Max, updated, Roku, restarted Roku,  and re-added HBO Max. AND I have tried the "waiting game" as well. Nothing seems to work. When I select HBO Max, the channel appears to be loading, even going so far as to partially load the "Home Screen" (?), but ultimately the channel quits and dumps me back to the Roku menu.

Guess I'm glad that its not me...looks like ALOT of people are having the same problem. Frustrated that, after all the waiting, the bugs weren't worked out pre-launch.

0 Kudos