Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did a current show disappear on Roku HBO?

The Vow has disappeared from The Roku Chanel HBO entirely. Went through every title on it; not there. Checked for software updates, uninstalled/reinstalled the app. 

It’s gone. It definitely aired tonight.

What is this?

6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Why did a current show disappear on Roku HBO?

I’d like to know the same thing as I’m sure many other people would like to the answer as well!

Highlighted
Level 7

A particular show with several seasons was abruptly stopped. It's called "A French Village," Un Village Français. It was at first on HBO via Amazon Prime. It cut me off at Episode 13 of Season 1. I talked to the "Thinking" circle and my show appeared on Hulu! Two days ago, it disappeared from Hulu! I talked to the "Thinking" circle again and was directed to MHz. I have never heard of this channel. It offered a 7-day trial! MORE subscriptions! I demand to know why Hulu, which I pay for, dropped this show.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

@32651 wrote:

A particular show with several seasons was abruptly stopped. It's called "A French Village," Un Village Français. It was at first on HBO via Amazon Prime. It cut me off at Episode 13 of Season 1. I talked to the Thinking Circle and my show appeared on Hulu. Two days ago, it disappeared. I talked to the Thinking circle and was directed to MHz. I have never heard of this. It offered a 7-day trial! MORE subscriptions! I demand to know why Hulu, which I pay for, dropped this show.

1. Streaming licenses expire. Your monthly HULU subscription does not guarantee you the ability to stream content in perpetuity. The seasons of A FRENCH VILLAGE that were on HULU had been there for years. Plenty of time to have watched it if you were aware of its existence. HULU also does a nice job of placing an EXPIRING tab on content in MY STUFF on a Roku device. Gives you at least a 14 to 21 day notice of content that will soon leave the service.
  2. Seasons 1, 3 & 4 are available to stream on PRIME VIDEO. Seasons 2, 5, 6 & 7 are available to stream on MHZ CHOICE. 
  3. Why are you on a Roku support forum demanding to know why HULU is no longer streaming a show?
TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
YABER Y31 1080p LED Projector | Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound | Fire TV Stick 4K
Highlighted

@parentalunit001 wrote:

The Vow has disappeared from The Roku Chanel HBO entirely. Went through every title on it; not there. Checked for software updates, uninstalled/reinstalled the app. 

It’s gone. It definitely aired tonight.

What is this?

FWIW it's there now. We binged it a week ago because I thought it was a six-episode series. Epi 8 appeared on schedule and I assume epi 9 will too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Uhm “the undoing “ on hbo which showed as available  the other day and I watched earlier episodes up till today is now not on hbo via roku . When I search in the roku app (on a roku player ) it says I can follow the show but won’t link me to it and it’s not anywhere under “series” sections. I checked on all 3 of my roku’s and nothing but the ability to follow the show . If I search outside the roku app I get the option to download the hbo app (separately from roku the stand alone hbo app) which apparently I’d be able to watch the show on. I understand $h!? Happens but this is very frustrating on top of many issues with shows not able to load completely multiple times . I thought my 6-7 ur old (roku  3’s I think they are) players were the reason for issues so I replaced one with a new ultimate roku player and it’s the same issues. I have fairly fast internet that’s is t always up to speed but even when slow it’s still well over 10mbps but usually 50 mbps or higher ( I pay for 300 ) 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Ok I rechecked for more updates , none , but decided to restart it again just in case . And that seems to have brought “the undoing” back . Still not in my “continue watching like it had been till today , but can search within the roku app and it now shows and links me to the show .... where right before the extra restart it would only let choose to follow the show nothing about watching it . Strange but glad I fixed it , I’m not holding my breath on wether it lasts tho. Like I said in my original reply I’ve had all kinds of loading issues that I usually have to “trick “ to get a show to load if I can get it to at all..

0 Kudos