Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ikantcook
Level 7

Why cant I get FOX and Friends to load?...I paid and ROKU account shows it is installed.

I know the White House doesn't like different views, but are they censoring what I want on MY TV?

3 REPLIES 3\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: Why cant I get FOX and Friends to load?...I paid and ROKU account shows it is installed.

You didnt mention your model name/# or firmware version:  Settings/System/About

..nor the app or app version (highlight the app, press Options (*)..)

If this is the FoxNews app, its notorious for having all sorts of routine issues, including content loading issues.

You can try reinstalling the app, though it may make no difference:

1) Remove the app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)

2) RESTART the Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!

3) Re-install the app

(Otherwise, if you dont restart settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

If it still doesnt load, you'll need to contact FoxNews (or the app vendor if its another app/service).

GE1
Level 7

Re: Why cant I get FOX and Friends to load?...I paid and ROKU account shows it is installed.

It looks to me like we are being censored by someone when want to watch any of the Fox News items.  In the last week, I have not been able to get on at all!  I bought Roku so I could watch real news!

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

@GE1 

While I agree there is plenty of blatant oppositional viewpoint discrimination and censoring going on, the situation with the FoxNews app for Roku is simply one of incompetent programming/service management.

The FoxNews app is just very poorly coded and managed, and FoxNews doesnt seem to really care/isnt very responsive about making necessary changes to the app or servicing it.

I highly suggest you contact FoxNews and complain about the Roku app quality:

https://help.foxnews.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

0 Kudos