Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Why can't I see the same channels on my new SmartTV as my streaming devices?

I recently bought a new SmartTV. I added the Roku Channel and logged in to my acct. expecting to see the program listing I was used to on my older streaming Roku box. The channels are different. Actually when I do a search, it says the old channels can't be found. Is there a way to see the channels I'm used to seeing, or do I need to use an HDMI port to plug in my old device to my SmartTV?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Why can't I see the same channels on my new SmartTV as my streaming devices?

Unless the Smart tv is a Roku tv, you're not going to see roku channels you had with previous roku. What's the brand and model number of this smart tv?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Why can't I see the same channels on my new SmartTV as my streaming devices?

Thanks for responding. I have a Samsung Model UN50NU6900FXZA SmartTV.

https://blog.roku.com/the-roku-channel-samsung-smart-tvs

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

The Roku CH is a single channel that provides free tv & movies with ads, and purchase subscriptions to other services. The Roku Channels or apps you had with a true Roku streamer is completely different and won't show up on non-roku streamer or smart tv.

Edmund
0 Kudos