Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Melissa_55
Level 7

Why can't I get AMC Plus on my Roku in the front room but I can't get AMC Plus on my TV in the bedro

So I added AMC plus to my Roku account on the channel Roku and I'm getting it out in my front room but I'm not getting AMC Plus in my bedroom and when I go to try and set it up it wants to charge me again I don't want to pay for it twice I just want to be able to watch it in my bedroom

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8\
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why can't I get AMC Plus on my Roku in the front room but I can't get AMC Plus on my TV in the b

@Melissa_55 

Subscriptions ordered through Roku Channel (ie. AMC+ on Roku Channel) can only be used on different Roku devices when they are linked to the same account. (Same email address).

If you want to use different accounts (different email addresses) for each Roku device, then you can either order AMC+ directly (use AMC+ channel) and pay AMC+ directly.  Otherwise, you will need to link all your Roku devices to one account so they can share Subscriptions paid through Roku.

To link your devices, you will have to cancel an account (presumably the bedroom Roku), factory reset the bedroom Roku, and then set it up again using the account (email address) of your front room Roku.  This way all channels and subscriptions are shared across your Roku devices. (Any channels you install or remove on one device will be reflected on the other.  All subscriptions will now be shared.)

If you plan to watch all your subscriptions only on your Roku devices, then subscribing to them though Roku is convenient as long as all your Roku devices are linked to the same account.  

If you plan to watch your subscriptions on both your Roku devices and your other devices (computer/phone), or on Roku devices that you want to have individual accounts (unlinked), then it is a better idea to subscribe to each subscription service directly.

It can be a bit confusing when first learning how best to manage subscriptions.  Hope this cleared it up a bit for you.

Some basic info on linking accounts  https://support.roku.com/article/235180868

Some basic info regarding subscriptions  on 2nd Roku device  https://support.roku.com/article/360021586854

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: Why can't I get AMC Plus on my Roku in the front room but I can't get AMC Plus on my TV in the b

If you set your Rokus up using different email addresses then you have multiple Roku accounts.

Verify all your Rokus are on one account - go to https://my.roku.com/account   and check the "My Linked Devices" list for all of your Rokus.

If they are, try (on the Roku missing AMC+):

1) Check for updates: Settings/System/System updates/Check now - try again

2) Restart:   Settings/System/System restart/Restart  - try again

3) Remove The Roku Channel app, RESTART, Re-install the TRC app - try again

4)  Contact Roku support: 

chat/email:     https://support.roku.com/contactus      (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help?)

0 Kudos
Sweetcherryo
Level 7

That's crazy

0 Kudos
dawnslp
Level 7

You said you can purchase AMC+ through them and watch it on ROKU.

HOW?????

I have a yearly subscription and every time I try to watch it on Roku I have to BUY a subscription. There is no way to login with my current username and password like every other app/streaming service I have. 

What am I missing here?

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@dawnslp, are you trying to watch via The Roku Channel or the stand-alone channel?

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/1298ab3dcbf327d1ca6946aecd5ea90f/amc

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Intuitionx2
Level 7

Make sure you are using AMC + app the regular AMC requires cable login.

0 Kudos
Malk
Level 8

There is no regular AMC+ app. Only AMC+ The Roku Channel. And AMC+ The Roku Channel will not let me sign in. Only option is to start a subscription through The Roku Channel. But I already subbed through AMC directly.

Jericho
Level 9

If it's the 403 resource provider error then it's an issue AMC is working on.  Others have said it should be fixed in a day or two.  Something to do with a roku software update not working with AMC.