Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rossmc1994
Level 7

Why can’t I find discovery plus on my roku tv

I just bought a new roku tv and I have all the apps I wanted apart from one. Discovery plus! I have seen other people have got it. I can’t find it on the tv and can’t find it on the channel store. If anyone can help me that would be perfect. Thank you in advance. 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why can’t I find discovery plus on my roku tv

Are you in the US? Are you using a VPN?

DBDukes
http://www.mystreaminglife.com/
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Rossmc1994
Level 7

Nope I am in the uk and not using a vpn

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Are you sure that Discovery Plus is available for Roku in the UK? Being available on other platforms in the UK does not guarantee they've authorized it on Roku there. I'm not suggesting it's not, I'm just saying we need to rule this out as a possible cause.

Are you in a specific part of the UK, such as Channel Islands, that has been known to report its IP address as outside UK?

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Rossmc1994
Level 7

I am mainland uk. I have been trying to research if it is available in the uk roku and multiple websites have stated that discovery plus if supported in the uk but I have checked the channel store and everything and haven’t seen it. So I don’t know. If it is or not 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser

It may be that Discovery hasnt enabled the Discovery+ app on Roku for the UK still (when developers publish an app, they have to select all the countries/regions the app will be available in):

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Discovery-plus-UK/m-p/623981

You can always try mirroring it using your Android/Windows (Miracast) or Apple (AirPlay2) device (or use another mirroring app).

StreamerUser

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Jo68
Level 7

Hello 

Did you manage to sort this problem? I have just purchased discovery plus so that I have more choice when watching the  Olympics, however I too am unable to find it on my Hisense Rocku TV. 

0 Kudos
Rossmc1994
Level 7

Hi there. No I have not resolved this issue. I tried to contact roku and it and they said they don’t know when it’s coming on our services and then they told me to contact discovery plus for info and they aren’t much better at giving out information 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Rossmc1994 

There is a simple way to tell: If an app is not in the Channel Store, the app isn't supported in your region.

Just because a service is available in an area does not automatically mean the app is supported on all platforms in that same area. Those are all separate things and decisions that must be made by the app developer (Discovery Networks in this case).

Most commonly, app developers will decide to not support an app in an area where Roku is unsupported. You, however, are in a Roku supported area, so this isn't what is happening with you. It's simply a decision by the app developer (Discovery Networks) to not support the app on Roku in your area.

DBDukes

0 Kudos