Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can I not stream wnba on roku !!!!!!

Why doesroku not support league pass for wnba

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why can I not stream wnba on roku !!!!!!

@Chileseattle 

Roku doesn't make the apps on Roku, nor does Roku control the functionality of the apps that are developed. Neither, by the way, do Amazon make the Fire TV apps, nor does Apple make the Apple TV apps, nor does Google make the Google/Android TV apps. So if there's no app for a particular platform, such as WNBA League Pass for Roku, then you should ask WNBA why they don't have a Roku app.

From what I can tell, they don't make an app for Google/Android TV (though they do make a WNBA app for Android tablets and phones). I don't see one for Fire TV either. And I'm not seeing one for Apple TV either, though I do find a WNBA app for iOS and iPadOS.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

davidjazz
Roku Guru

Re: Why can I not stream wnba on roku !!!!!!

Except for the Roku Channel, Roku only provides the platform - either Roku streaming players or TVs with Roku  operating systems (Roku does not make the TVs).

It is up to WNBA (or any other company) to develop a channel for their product. and submit it to Roku for distribution on the Roku platform.