Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kma3
Level 7

Why am I paying for HBO Max?

I have found on my subscriptions that I am paying $14.99 / month for a Roku subscription of HBO Max. I moved to Roku from AT&T u-verse where I got HBO Max for free due to bundling my internet with my wireless. AT&T provides that I can watch HBO Max by simply entering my AT&T credentials. How do I enter my AT&T credentials so that I am able to watch HBO Max through my Roku? Why is Roku charging me for HBO Max when I get it free via my AT&T account?. I have cancelled my subscription, but have to wait until 06 April to go through the whole process of adding HBO Max back to my listings. I am hoping to find the process so that I get my HBO Max but am not paying Roku since I get it via internet from AT&T.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Why am I paying for HBO Max?

Hi @kma3,

Thanks for the post.

Have you verified that you currently do not have any active subscriptions by logging into your Roku account online at my.roku.com and clicking Manage your subscriptions?

For further assistance with account and billing-related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.
Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
kma3
Level 7

Re: Why am I paying for HBO Max?

Thank you for the reply, Mary. I will reach out further to the link you provided. I do have an active subscription that I have canceled in order to attempt the registration to my ATT provided service, but that is what I did the first time and I have been charged for ? number of months. I made the mistake of assuming it worked right the first time. With my cancelation, I cannot attempt any changes until 06 April (maybe 07). 

0 Kudos