Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MayaM
Channel Surfer

Why Disney plus channel is not showing in streaming channels?

Jump to solution

I am trying to add Disney+channel, but when I go to streaming channels, Disney+ is not showing. I have Roku2. I already contacted Disney+ costumer service and we went through few steps, which were no help. The representative told me to confirm you and mentioned something about that the IP address might be incorrect. So would you be able to help me with that?   Thank you. 

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@MayaM what model Roku 2 do you have? There are five different models of Roku 2, and not all are still supported by Roku. It's highly unlikely that Disney+ will work on the unsupported devices. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Why Disney plus channel is not showing in streaming channels?

Jump to solution

@MayaM 

Thanks for the post.

As mentioned in this thread, can you please specify which model Roku 2 you have? Please be aware that the if you have the Roku 2 XD, it is a much older Roku device that is no longer supported.

If you have this specific Roku model, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running. Please provide us with the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@MayaM  It’s is very old so pick up a new one. Your Roku was released in 2011

17 REPLIES 17
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@MayaM  Where do you live? In the US? A Roku 2 is also very old and outdated. Roku does not control your IP address. That comes from your modem. 

AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@MayaM 

According to the Disney+ website the Roku 2  device is a supported device. (Supported Roku models)

If you do an IP address test, can maybe see why Roku is not providing you the option to add this Channel/app. (https://ipleak.net/)

From the results of the above test, does the info returned look accurate to you?

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

MilesT
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Your online roku account also needs to claim to be in a country where Disney+ has released Roku app.

Best way to find this out is to log into my account, then go to web channel store, and check the web address.  I'm in the UK, so the key part says en_gb (I.e. English lanuage, Great Britain).  That needs to match the country the device is actually located in, to ensure things work.  Mention that to Disney+ support and they should be able to give right answer (along with Roku2).

Otherwise post device details and country info here and "@" to RokuDanny-R to get Roku to look on their side.

Not a Roku employee
MayaM
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, I live in USA

0 Kudos
MayaM
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@AvsGunner

I will try to that and will see what the result will be. 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@MayaM  If you are in the US then you should be able to ad the Disney+ channel. As long as your account was also made in the US. Are you by chance using a VPN or any other firewall security? Those often prevent these issues. Disconnect your phone from WiFi. Turn your phone into a mobile hotspot. Hook your Roku to your phones mobile hotspot. Now see if you can add Disney+. If you can then the issue is with your home network. You also may need to upgrade your Roku

atc98092

Jump to solution

@MayaM what model Roku 2 do you have? There are five different models of Roku 2, and not all are still supported by Roku. It's highly unlikely that Disney+ will work on the unsupported devices. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@MayaM 

Thanks for the post.

As mentioned in this thread, can you please specify which model Roku 2 you have? Please be aware that the if you have the Roku 2 XD, it is a much older Roku device that is no longer supported.

If you have this specific Roku model, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running. Please provide us with the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
MayaM
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R

Thank you for your reply. Yes, my Roku is 2 XD. The serial number is 12C27D016916. I’ve tried all suggestions but nothing works. I think that my Roku is old model and is not supporting Disney plus. 

0 Kudos