Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Can't I Fast Forward in the YouTube App anymore?!?!??!?!?!?!

WHy can't I ast forward in the YouTUbe App Anymore, now I have to press the button once each time I want to to ffwd 10 secs.

14 REPLIES 14
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Why Can't I Fast Forward in the YouTube App anymore?!?!??!?!?!?!

@ryanaarstad 

Thanks for the note.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Youtube support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Youtube support here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kgeo752
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same problem now. Did you resolve this issue?

It’s not a problem with the YouTube app and it is an easy fix.

Go into your settings -> system -> power-> system restart. Restart your Roku TV, take the batteries out of the remote and put them back in. Should fix the problem, I just did this and it worked for me!

kgeo752
Reel Rookie

That did the trick! Thank you so much. I would have never stumbled across that. 

0 Kudos
Jenninva1

That just worked!! Unbelievable.  I've been having this issue for a long long time to the point I thought it was always this way? So... decided...wth... I'll Google. This worked where the other tip on the 'net didn't. 

jdrtina
Channel Surfer

Thank you very much. It just worked for me. Turning equipment off, then turning it back on is usually the first thing I try with everything electronic, but it just didn’t occur to me that the system reset would fix the fast forward issue I was having. I learn something new every day. 

rezblue
Binge Watcher

This worked for me too. Much thanks!

Tomthumb47

@SpookyWooky wrote:

It’s not a problem with the YouTube app and it is an easy fix.

Go into your settings -> system -> power-> system restart. Restart your Roku TV, take the batteries out of the remote and put them back in. Should fix the problem, I just did this and it worked for me!

It worked!!! Thank you!!

rjmurray
Reel Rookie

Thanks, me too. So annoying. Good to know a reboot (and maybe a swift kick somewhere, LOL) will do the trick!

0 Kudos