Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Whitaker TV legal

If Roku determines it is offering content without permission, they'll dump the channel in a heartbeat. They were sued in another country over that very issue, so they aren't going to permit any other channels to offer something that could be illegal. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
Level 7

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am unable to get into my Whitaker account.

I am unable to log into my Whitaker account.  I entered the correct username and password.  It gets stuck in the buffering phase.  How can I fix this? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: I am unable to get into my Whitaker account.

Contact Whitaker?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Interesting 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I'm disappointed in ROKU for allowing it.  That is one thing that set them apart from Amazon's FireStick that will let you sideload about anything.  It'll eventually go away.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Based on the date of the first post of this thread, Roku might not have known about this channel until recently. And it might take a little time to determine if their content is provided legally. They do have to allow the channel provider to provide documentation to support a legality claim. If the copyright owners haven't contacted Roku about it, they most likely have steps they have to follow legally before they remove a channel. And there's always a chance the provider can show they are providing the content legally. 

I've never loaded or viewed this channel, so I have no idea what they provide. But I have no doubt that it is under scrutiny by Roku at this time.  

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos