Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elecman007
Level 9

While watching several episodes, Hulu shows are consistently starting 30 minutes into the show.

Jump to solution

This happens pretty consistently when I’m watching a television series on Hulu. After viewing an episode on Hulu, such as the television series mom, it normally skip to the next episode. This does happen but, the following episode starts 30 to 40 minutes into the show. I have to manually rewind it to the beginning. This happens pretty consistently with several episodes on Hulu. It started about a month ago and I thought it was a fluke but it has happened pretty consistently. Anyone else having this problem? This only happens on Hulu. I have deleted the channel and reinstalled it but, this does not affect the problem.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Elecman007
Level 9

Re: While watching several episodes, Hulu shows are consistently starting 30 minutes into the show.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the recommendation to contact HULU, which I did.  They reset my account, (whatever that means), which forced me to re-login all my Roku’s onto HULU. To my pleasant surprise, it worked. The episodes are now starting properly at the beginning. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
boogernose
Level 18

Re: While watching several episodes, Hulu shows are consistently starting 30 minutes into the show.

Jump to solution

That would be extremely annoying to me.

HULU is a Premium Channel so I would complain to them directly

https://help.hulu.com/s/?language=en_US

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Elecman007
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thanks for the recommendation to contact HULU, which I did.  They reset my account, (whatever that means), which forced me to re-login all my Roku’s onto HULU. To my pleasant surprise, it worked. The episodes are now starting properly at the beginning. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Cnh-320
Level 8

Jump to solution

I had a similar problem, it happened on my brothers account and then on my account too so I didn't think of contacting hulu. I would be watching a 20 or 30 minute show and it would wait until its almost over, say 7 or 8 minutes until the end and skip to 7 or 8 minutes to the end of the next episode. It was frustrating because I had to go back to the previous episode and fast forward to where I had gotten to and then when I got to the next one rewind to the beginning.

We have 2 or 3 different roku's and I think I had to do it to each one. But my solution was to go to the settings of each hulu profile and turn autoplay off and so far it hasn't happened since. I just have to start each episode manually now but that's way less annoying then having to fast forward and rewind all the time.

I know you already have a solution, just posting this in case contacting hulu doesn't work for everyone.

0 Kudos