Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KoKoGee
Level 7

Where is the Discovery Plus channel, it January 4th?

Is ROKU going to carry the Discovery + channel?

30 REPLIES 30\
boogernose
Level 18

Re: Where is the Discovery Plus channel, it January 4th?

it hasnt been launched yet.

The answer is probably in time.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
XRaiderV18
Level 8

website was live and accepting signups/logins 11 minutes after midnight, android/ios 12 minutes after midnight.

give them time, they(roku) probably have to flip a switch to make it visible in the channel store, cause there's no way the discovery+ team doesnt have an app ready ahead of service launch.

murphey's law: anything and everything that could go wrong can and probably will.
0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 18

@XRaiderV18 "cause there's no way the discovery+ team doesnt have an app ready ahead of service launch."

How do you know this? Are you actually privvy to any such info?

What is wrong with you people? Does it need to be available to you immediately? Why?

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Lori54
Level 7

I stayed up until 4AM waiting for Discovery Plus to show up on my Roku TV. I'm so very disappointed.

NKBobcat
Level 8

I just added Discovery+ to Roku. Watching Joe Kenda on my Roku TV now.

Thank you Roku!

Samcat
Level 7

I added the discovery plus channel from channelstore.roku.com but it is not showing up on my TV. Not sure how to solve this issue. Does anyone know a solution for this problem?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Samcat wrote:

I added the discovery plus channel from channelstore.roku.com but it is not showing up on my TV. Not sure how to solve this issue. Does anyone know a solution for this problem?

You can add anything you find online via the Roku Channel Store web page to your Roku account. A channel will only download from your account to a supported device, however.

What model Roku are you using?  (Settings, System, About)

I can't yet find any info specifically on which Roku models Discovery wrote their Discovery+ app to support, it's probably too soon, but here's what Discovery Go says it supports:

• Roku
    • Roku 3
    • Roku Ultra
    • Roku Express
    • Roku Stick
    • Roku Stick+
    • Roku TV
      • All operating system version are supported
Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
Nash04
Level 7

What Roku model are you using cause I don't see it offered on mine which is Roku 3

0 Kudos
Samcat
Level 7

I am all set thank you. Just received email from Roku and now I am streaming Discovery plus channel.  I unplugged my TV then plugged it back in, not sure if that did something like a reset. 

0 Kudos