Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BTA
Level 7

Where is Youtube channel gone from my Stick? Anyone have similar problem please?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Where is Youtube channel gone from my Stick? Anyone have similar problem please?

Are you referring to YouTube, or YouTube TV? Two different channels. YouTube is available in the channel store, while YouTube TV is not at the moment. There is a contract dispute between Roku and Google. But if you had YTTV installed before the dispute it's supposed to still be on your device and functional.

Did you have it installed, and then it suddenly was gone? Do you have more than one Roku device linked to your account? If you remove a channel from one device, all devices linked to that account will lose the channel as well. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
BTA
Level 7

Re: Where is Youtube channel gone from my Stick? Anyone have similar problem please?

I've been watching Youtube programmes via my stick every night for 3 years, not Youtube TV which I didn't know existed.

Last weekend the Youtube logo on the stick did not respond when clicked, so I listened to the radio instead.

Monday and Tuesday it worked but was gone yesterday, and just now its back again.

Could it be a malfunctioning stick, but all other screen apps respond, so stick fault seems unlikely. 

I assumed it was ROKU "playing about" at HQ.

Than  you for responding so quickly, I don't feel quite so alone on this problem

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

When it reappeared today, were you still logged into your YouTube account (assuming it was in the first place)? If so, the channel wasn't actually removed from your player. Why it didn't appear, I have no idea. But if your credentials were still there, the channel wasn't removed. 

Now if you did have to log back into YouTube, then yes it was probably removed, and most likely by accident. I doubt it was something intentional, just some computer glitch. I too use YouTube on almost a daily basis, both on Roku devices and my Nvidia Shield. I've never had it vanish from any device before. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
BTA
Level 7

Many thanks.

If its never gone from your stick or Tv then it seems to be a computer glitch, or a UK problem, assuming you are elsewhere.

I'll keep fingers crossed and hope it settles down.

Thanks again and God bless

BTA

0 Kudos