Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeonKaiser
Level 7

Where is HBO Max?

I purchased a Roku Smart Soundbar a week ago, and would like to add the HBO Max channel, but ... I can't find it on the Roku device or in the list of channels on the Roku website.

When I do a channel search for "HBO Max" from the Roku Soundbar or in the channel store at the Roku website, all it shows is "HBO FYC" ... no "HBO Max" channel.

Please help!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Where is HBO Max?

Are you located somewhere other than the US? Not all channels are available in all locations. Even if HBO is available in your location, that doesn't mean that HBO has authorized their channel/app on Roku devices there. 

If you are in the US, is there a chance your Roku account was created when you were located in another country? That location restriction can apply to the user account, as well as where you are currently located.

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
NeonKaiser
Level 7

The device is located (and connected to the internet, without a VPN) in the USA, but it might be possible that the computer used during the account setup was behind a VPN that showed the location as Canada.

If that's the issue, Is there a way to re-assign my account region as USA?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

I am uncertain if an account can be geographically reassigned. The fastest solution would be to create a new user account from a US based computer, and ensure no VPN is redirecting your path.

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
NeonKaiser
Level 7

Would that involve restoring the Soundbar to factory settings, and going through the setup again with a new account?

I don't see any way to log out/in to the exsisting account in the Soundbar settings.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Unfortunately, that is correct. There is no method to log a Roku device out of one account and into another. 

Dan
0 Kudos