Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Where/how to enter code to activate Prime

Jump to solution

Yesterday when I tried to open the Prime app on my TV that uses a Roku Streaming Stick I was asked to enter a code (shown on screen) using my Roku device. Sounds simple, but I don't have an on screen keyboard and the Roku remote has no keyboard keypad. I cannot understand how I'm supposed to activate the Prime app. Oddly it had worked seamlessly for months without any code entry so this has to be something Roku or Amazon has done to modify their system. I hope someone can tell me how to get around this little problem.

I tried using the suggestion of going to link " amazon.com/gp/video/ontv/code" but that link is dead.  So I need another suggestion.

Cec Britton

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Where/how to enter code to activate Prime

Jump to solution

You mis-understood the instructions. That code is entered into the Amazon web site using a computer or other Internet device.

When I browse the Amazon web site, go to my Prime access, and under Settings I found My Devices, which has a button to register a new device. This was the URL: https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/ontv/code/,  so yes that is an accurate URL. That is where you enter the code.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Where/how to enter code to activate Prime

Jump to solution

You mis-understood the instructions. That code is entered into the Amazon web site using a computer or other Internet device.

When I browse the Amazon web site, go to my Prime access, and under Settings I found My Devices, which has a button to register a new device. This was the URL: https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/ontv/code/,  so yes that is an accurate URL. That is where you enter the code.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos