Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MissouriTim
Level 9

Where did my IMSA racing app go?

Where did my IMSA TV racing app go and why is it not in the Roku store?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Where did my IMSA racing app go?

Was it a private channel that you added via the website using a code?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@MissouriTim wrote:

Where did my IMSA TV racing app go and why is it not in the Roku store?

I'm with @renojim in wondering if this was a private app (called a non-certified channel). The IMSA Website doesn't mention a Roku app, but rather to watch content via NBC.

If there was some unofficial 3rd party app, either private/non-certified or even in the Roku Channel Store, it could have been taken down if it did have the express written consent of whoever.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
denhow
Level 10

Mine disappeared too. I can't swear to this, but I think I originally installed it from the channel store. When it disappeared and I couldn't find it in the store I just assumed that IMSA withdrew it.

0 Kudos
MissouriTim
Level 9

IMSA still has mobile apps at the Google and Apple stores but nothing for Roku, and their IMSA TV page on their website seems active for PC access. It would be nice if Roku would TELL US they were dropping an app like that. Very few of these streaming media outfits seem to care at all about their customers. I guess once we own their devices or pay an annual fee we cease to matter.

I reckon IMSA will end up on Peacock with Indycar in 2022, and Peacock is awful. I hold my nose and pay them $9.99/month to get terrible coverage of Indycar. They too seem to have a disdain for their race fan customers. Oh how I miss the good old days before Fox killed The Speed Channel.

0 Kudos
MissouriTim
Level 9

It was the official IMSA app, nothing pirated or anything of that sort. I have had it since I started streaming a few yeas ago and must have gotten it from the Roku search/install function. I wouldn't have known any other way back then.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @MissouriTim

Thanks for the post.

Channels on Roku are managed and maintained by the channel developer themselves. We would recommend reaching out to IMSA Support to report the issue and to get information about their channel on our platform. There might be an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos