Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MSzam
Level 9

When watching limited time movies on Hallmark Channel it switches to another movie

Several times over the past few days I have tried to catch up on a few of the new movies that premiered on #Hallmark Channel this weekend. They are only available to view on the Roku app for a few days.  After watching nearly the whole movie each time (there was about 10-15 minutes left), I'd see a spinning circle like something was loading and a completely different movie would start to play. If I tried to go back and play the original movie, it would start from the beginning, and fast forwarding was not available. I saw the end of the first one by catching it on live tv, but that's kind of annoying. Don't think I want to try watching any more movies if this is going to happen. This happening to anyone else?

46 REPLIES 46\
Vargie
Level 7

Re: When watching limited time movies on Hallmark Channel it switches to another movie

EXACT same experience for me this afternoon with a Hallmark film. Nearly to the finale and the stream switched to a completely different movie. I did not see the end of the first movie and like you, I tried to resume the film and it started over. There is no ability to fast forward.

This was my first experience using the Hallmark App as I took advantage of the free 7 day trial. User experience is saying not to subscribe.

I have done all the software updates and rebooted the system etc.

Roku Ultra 4800X brand new, 10.5, build 4201-C2, ID S02A217EG1F4

MSzam
Level 9

Re: When watching limited time movies on Hallmark Channel it switches to another movie

I should update to say I watch through my cable company (Optimum) subscription. I do not subscribe to Hallmark directly and don't have the Hallmark Movies Now subscription service

dacoyle
Level 8

I have the same problem. Regular Hallmark, not the paid movie app. And now I'll never know how the 9 Cats of Christmas ended. Pretty sure they broke up again and there was mayhem, but now I'll never know.

MSzam
Level 9

@dacoyle The Nine Kittens of Christmas was one of the ones I had the problem with too. It happened to be replaying on TV that day so I caught the end. I won't spoil it for you Smiley Wink

dacoyle
Level 8

Please spoil. It expired, I think....did they live happily ever after with Rudolph?

MSzam
Level 9

Of course. She realizes there's no place like home and no one like him, calls him to explain the misunderstanding, he ignores the phone, but his cat answers the call and they'll be together forever, or at least until the next sequel

UP2
Level 7

Same issue here!  The Hallmark TV app on Roku automatically plays the next movie in Queue about 10 minutes before the movie currently being watched ends.  It’s happening with all the new premiere movies that expire in approx 3 days.  Please fix this issue ASAP!  

MSzam
Level 9

Anyone know the correct way to contact Hallmark on this issue? I wrote to TVEcustomers@crownmedia.com and haven't gotten any response.

Hids05
Level 7

I've watched movies for weeks. The past 2 nights it has done this 2 me. We know everyone lives happily ever after, but it's driving me insane.