Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpc755
Level 7

When viewing the Roku Channel in a a browser there is no "Live TV" Channel Guide

When viewing the Roku Channel in a a browser there is no "Live TV" Channel Guide. See image.

Roku Channel home page in a browser. Notice there is no "Live TV" option 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Strega
Level 12

Re: When viewing the Roku Channel in a a browser there is no "Live TV" Channel Guide

Should there be?  (My assumption/guess would be no.)

0 Kudos
mpc755
Level 7

Re: When viewing the Roku Channel in a a browser there is no "Live TV" Channel Guide

Why would it only be associated with a Roku device/TV? I also don't see the "Live TV" selection on my Samsung TV.

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 12

The Roku channel is only one of many channels available on a Roku device.  And a Roku TV contains both a Roku device, and an Over The Air tuner.

0 Kudos
mpc755
Level 7

That doesn't answer my question. Why don't I have access to the Roku Channel Guide when viewing the Roku Channel in a browser. Select the following link to see what I am expecting to have access to.

https://blog.roku.com/live-tv-channel-guide

0 Kudos
Garec48
Level 7

I've had the same problem.  I can't find the Live TV Channel Guide on The Roku Channel using a Fire TV or PC.  The Roku Channel is my first experience with any Roku product and simply locating the guide has been a huge PIA. Is this what I can expect from Roku?

0 Kudos
andyross
Level 15

Most likely it is a license restriction that limits Live TV to the app only. Possibly because it's too easy to 'steal' video from a regular computer.

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

"When you launch The Roku Channel, a new “Live TV” tile will appear on the home screen. Simply click on the tile to access the guide."

To me this reads as though it's only available on a Roku device.  No mention of the Live TV guide and any other method of accessing The Roku Channel is ever given.

0 Kudos