Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpc755
Level 7

When viewing the Roku Channel in a a browser there is no "Live TV" Channel Guide

When viewing the Roku Channel in a a browser there is no "Live TV" Channel Guide. See image.

Roku Channel home page in a browser. Notice there is no "Live TV" option 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7\
Strega
Level 15

Re: When viewing the Roku Channel in a a browser there is no "Live TV" Channel Guide

Should there be?  (My assumption/guess would be no.)

0 Kudos
mpc755
Level 7

Re: When viewing the Roku Channel in a a browser there is no "Live TV" Channel Guide

Why would it only be associated with a Roku device/TV? I also don't see the "Live TV" selection on my Samsung TV.

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 15

The Roku channel is only one of many channels available on a Roku device.  And a Roku TV contains both a Roku device, and an Over The Air tuner.

0 Kudos
mpc755
Level 7

That doesn't answer my question. Why don't I have access to the Roku Channel Guide when viewing the Roku Channel in a browser. Select the following link to see what I am expecting to have access to.

https://blog.roku.com/live-tv-channel-guide

0 Kudos
Garec48
Level 7

I've had the same problem.  I can't find the Live TV Channel Guide on The Roku Channel using a Fire TV or PC.  The Roku Channel is my first experience with any Roku product and simply locating the guide has been a huge PIA. Is this what I can expect from Roku?

0 Kudos
andyross
Level 16

Most likely it is a license restriction that limits Live TV to the app only. Possibly because it's too easy to 'steal' video from a regular computer.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

"When you launch The Roku Channel, a new “Live TV” tile will appear on the home screen. Simply click on the tile to access the guide."

To me this reads as though it's only available on a Roku device.  No mention of the Live TV guide and any other method of accessing The Roku Channel is ever given.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos