Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kierraa26

When I click on certain apps my screen turns yellow

When I click on certain apps like Netflix or showtime , i try to watch stuff the screen turns yellow . 

4 REPLIES 4
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: When I click on certain apps my screen turns yellow

Hello @Kierraa26

Thanks for the post.

For us to isolate the cause of the problem, please try performing the troubleshooting steps below:

The video cable is not connected properly or the cable is faulty

1. Check that the video cable is firmly connected to the back of your Roku player and to the HDMI or composite connector on the TV. If you have a Roku Streaming Stick, then make sure it is firmly connected to the HDMI connector on your TV.
  2. If you can, check to see if you have a faulty cable by connecting your Roku player with a different cable.

There is a problem with the TV

1. If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different input on the TV to see if the problem is with the connector on the TV.
  2. If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different television to see if the problem is with your Roku player or the TV.

If all else fails…

1. Disconnect and reconnect all cables including the power cable.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
LokisRose

Actually the only app this seems to happen on to me is ESPN. And no it’s not the cables. Everything is fine yet this one app gives a yellow screen before kicking back to hone screen.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @LokisRose,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I understand that you are having an issue with the ESPN channel that giving you a yellow screen and returning to the home screen, is that correct?

As a first step, we recommend trying to remove the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings > System > System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jpain3
Reel Rookie

The HDR on my Roku TV is terrible and the origin for the yellow we see. On Fox Sports trying to watch the world cup and now the super bowl, the picture was a borderline unwatchable yellow. Disabling HDR on the TV fixed it. What's disappointing is that you can't do this from normal settings, and it eventually turns back on. So HDR on Roku TVs is broken and Roku will not fix it. 

0 Kudos