Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Whats happening to Roku with HBO Max

Jump to solution

We should all post reviews on Amazon. I would never have purchased a Roku Ultra if I had known it didn't support HBO Max before hand. I would have bought an Apple TV instead.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

This is actually a perfect idea! Prospective Roku customers deserve to know what kind of company they might be getting in bed with.

@Pooka wrote:

We should all post reviews on Amazon. I would never have purchased a Roku Ultra if I had known it didn't support HBO Max before hand. I would have bought an Apple TV instead.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I just posted a review on Amazon. If Roku doesn't care what their current customers think, maybe they will start to care when Roku starts to lose new sales.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I posted a review as well. New Roku costumers should know that HBO Max is not offered. I will go back and change it once they fix it.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Uhh, no.  You think Roku is preventing HBO from releasing an app like Netflix and Disney plus have?  Absolutely not.  What Warner / AT&T want is that the content goes ONLY through that app, and that's not for a "cohesive experience" that's so they can "collect your data" but with no quotes.  A situation that's complicated by an existing deal where they want to retire HBO Go and HBO Now where their content can be distributed through both the App and the Fire/Roku channels.  

So why don't I as the consumer get to choose which of those delivery methods, the Roku channel or th App are better for me?  

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Me too! The day they fix this, I will also update my Amazon review.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Updated my formerly 5 star review to a 1 star review.  Had to buy a Chromecast because of their pissing match to FATTEN shareholders pockets even fatter.

It's obvious they give not one f--k about their customers. Just how much of their customers money they can stuff in their account.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm ready to dump HBOMax and stop spending any money through Roku as well. This is beyond insane. Just get it done guys. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I won’t cancel hbo max if it doesn’t come to Roku, but I’ll *definitely* stop using Roku if it doesn’t get hbo max.

I cut my cable so that I’d never have to deal with this sort of nonsense again. I’m not interested in Roku’s desire to become Comcast 2.0.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

How often do you guys buy Rokus? The last one I bought was like 5 years ago. It's one of the reasons I'm not mad at Roku for this kerfluffle. I spent $50 and it's still going strong.

If I were paying for HBO Max and I found out I had to buy yet another streaming device, I'd be mad at ATT, not my delivery system. If I'm paying $15 and I can't get it on the device that streams everything under the sun, then I blame HBO Max. I can get Netflix for $8.00 if I'm going cheap and Hulu for $6 with ads and $12 without. I can't see paying more for a service that refuses to play nice with my streaming device. ATT should bite the bullet, make the app available for a year or two the way Roku and Amazon want it, THEN when it has a dedicated customer base they can play hardball with Roku and Amazon.

From what I've read, they BARELY got a deal with Comcast before they launched. Having issues with one service could mean the service (Roku) is being unreasonable. Two services makes that less likely and three services put the onus on ATT.