Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denimike
Level 8

Re: Whats happening to Roku with HBO Max

Jump to solution

Danny,

I assume this doesn't work if one connects to HBO Max or Go through their cable provider and the provider is Spectrum? Spectrum was just booted to the curb at the expense of Spectrum clients, now stuck with returning the Roku boxes that were supposed to be compatible.  

0 Kudos
jlanzy
Level 9

Jump to solution

' BTW, there will be an HBOMax app when it comes to Roku.  All channels have an app. I never use the Roku channel and have access to all the apps.' 

I use the roku channel for purchase of premium channels which then allows to just open the roku channel app and it very nicely shows the next episode of whatever shows I currently am watching on any of the purchased apps so I don't have to remember which app which show was on.  Since it may be weeks between watching the next episode I love that it does that.  The supposed big draw to the Tivo 4K streamer was that it did that for many of its apps, but talk on that forum seems that it is a nice idea but either doesn't for many apps or doesn't show the next episode of that show if it does appear on followed shows.  Since I have 3 tivos and the new streamer doesn't link to them like all the dvrs with each other, it didn't have any significant advantage over the other newer streamers for me that also have MAX.

0 Kudos
Fred3
Level 10

Jump to solution

https://deadline.com/2020/12/hbo-max-roku-streaming-warnermedia-wonder-woman-1984-1234657874/

THE DEAL IS DONE. HBO MAX COMING TO ROKU SOON. We can finally close down the thread and drama.

0 Kudos
Dave94
Level 8

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
painkiller68
Level 9

Jump to solution
Fred3
Level 10

Jump to solution

From Businesswire: For users who have already subscribed to HBO through their Roku devices, the HBO app will automatically update to become the HBO Max app, and they will be able to log in using their existing HBO credentials.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 16

Jump to solution

Dammit, now I have to dig all of my Rokus out of the bottom of the huge recycle bin in the middle of an ice storm!

Couldn't AT&T and Roku have picked a better time to make a deal?  They really don't care about consumers!

CaptGrumpy
Level 11

Jump to solution

@StreamerUser wrote:

Dammit, now I have to dig all of my Rokus out of the bottom of the huge recycle bin in the middle of an ice storm!

Couldn't AT&T and Roku have picked a better time to make a deal?  They really don't care about consumers!

No Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
DKNJ
Level 8

Jump to solution

@Fred3 wrote:

THE DEAL IS DONE. HBO MAX COMING TO ROKU SOON. We can finally close down the thread and drama.

Too late, I already bought the new Chromecast with Google TV, and I'm happy with it.

I didn't buy Roku hardware as gifts for anyone this Christmas. I did send a Chromecast, though.

I'm not buying any more Roku equipment for myself.

I still wouldn't recommend Roku to anyone after they've shown how willing they are to use their customers as pawns.  

I'm done with Roku regardless of this development, and not going back.

CaptGrumpy
Level 11

Jump to solution

@DKNJ wrote:

@Fred3 wrote:

Too late, I already bought the new Chromecast with Google TV, and I'm happy with it.

I didn't buy Roku hardware as gifts for anyone this Christmas. I did send a Chromecast, though.

I'm not buying more Roku equipment for myself.

I still wouldn't recommend Roku to anyone after they've shown how willing they are to use their customers as pawns.  

I'm done with Roku regardless of this development, and not going back.

Have fun. i also got a chromecast with google tv, but I like Roku. Sorry your own entitlements got in the way of liking a good product,

0 Kudos