Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigbob417
Level 9

Re: Whats happening to Roku with HBO Max

Jump to solution

@drbruce2 wrote:

One hundred eighty seven days and counting.

... since Max launched WITHOUT agreements with ALL major players in place.

jlanzy
Level 9

Jump to solution

I have access to hbo max via the new airplay2 from my iphone but haven't activated it yet since max doesn't have any 'must watch' shows I don't watch on hbo.  I have seen a couple max only shows that I'm interested in but having so much on all the other streaming apps I get that waiting a bit longer doesn't feel like I'm missing out.   I guess though from so many entries on this forum that many are finding max only shows that they really want to see that they are dropping roku for other devices if they can't cast from their smart devices.

0 Kudos
SeanB2000
Level 8

Jump to solution

The fact that everyone else has been able to reach an agreement for the new service tells me that HBO is willing to negotiate.  Seems like Roku is the roadblock here, not HBO.

jlanzy
Level 9

Jump to solution

Both are negotiating and each is trying to squeeze every last drop of revenue possible from each other based on their perspective bargaining power which is likely where things are getting dragged out since they both have different views of their bargaining powers.  But both are aware that money is being lost every day that it is not finalized, so let's hope that they quit nickel and diming  this thing to death and get on with the show. Maybe it is lost on them that the customer is still paying the $15/month or whatever regardless of which of them is getting the bigger piece of the pie, so for us it just annoys/aggravates....that EVERYONE else can get max except us that can't cast it to our display.

0 Kudos
JayDofMO
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm thinking HBO Max may have to cave soon because they want to put Wonder Woman 1984 on there, and if they want it to be as big of a hit as possible, they need to get it to Roku so it's available to the widest base possible.

0 Kudos
Borisgoodenuf
Level 9

Jump to solution

@JayDofMO wrote:

I'm thinking HBO Max may have to cave soon because they want to put Wonder Woman 1984 on there, and if they want it to be as big of a hit as possible, they need to get it to Roku so it's available to the widest base possible.

Or you could flip that around. HBO is sitting with a pat hand, while Roku loses holiday sales every day that customers know it's the only platform they can't use to watch WW84 after they open the box on Christmas Day.

drbruce2
Level 11

Jump to solution

Be that as it may, everyone can get HBO Max (even the Amazon people), except the Roku trolls. Both parties are going by the golden rule- Them that gots the gold make the rules. There seems to be a disconnect somewhere. I have not been able to get info from either side. Christmas shopping season is paramount, then somebody's got to give in,

0 Kudos
Dave94
Level 8

Jump to solution
Patty Jenkins Twitter post:

@PattyJenks
Excited to announce that #WW84 will be the first film on HBO Max available in 4K Ultra HD, HDR 10, Dolby Vision AND Dolby Atmos! Can’t wait. IN THEATERS on Dec. 25th and exclusively streaming in the US on @hbomax. PLEASE find the biggest and highest quality screen you can!!
bigbob417
Level 9

Jump to solution

@drbruce2 wrote:

Be that as it may, everyone can get HBO Max (even the Amazon people), except the Roku trolls. Both parties are going by the golden rule- Them that gots the gold make the rules. There seems to be a disconnect somewhere. I have not been able to get info from either side. Christmas shopping season is paramount, then somebody's got to give in,

I'm a 'troll' because I'm NOT willing to swap out my ENTIRE streaming infrastructure over ONE too-big-for-its-britches service, that I have FOUR other options for viewing?

Samirasinger
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is **bleep** when will hbo Mac be available I bought it and now I can’t even watch it on my smart TVs that I bought to watch my streaming devices? Please hurry

0 Kudos