Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigbob417
Level 9

Re: Whats happening to Roku with HBO Max

Jump to solution

Roku is "the only one NOT bending over for Warner's outsized demands."  There, fixed it for you.

gordianus
Level 8

Re: Roku and HBO dispute blocking HBO Max

Jump to solution

While I have two LG OLEDs .. the latest being a CX, I use Roku as as common denominator for both my LGs and Samsungs. The newest Samsung 4K has HBO Max (HBO max courtesy of ATT fiber) and there is a lot more content than standard HBO.. For now, I'm only watching HBO Max on Samsung, and avoiding purchase of yet another streamer (GoogleTV)  to resolve the differences.

I use the HBO app on Roku on LGs (and reluctantly accept the limited assortment of content)

I am not a fan of ChromeCast, so, I will use my Yoga C740 HDMI to one of my LGs to watch HBO Max, if needed.

0 Kudos
debsmith5065
Level 10

Jump to solution

@GLKing wrote:

Not true.  My Samsung TV has HBO Max.  SO if Roku isn’t going to get their **bleep** together, and you are looking for an upgrade or replacement, I’d go with a Samsung smart TV

(was looking to replace an older, less smart, smart TV because they are no longer updating it and thus can’t get HBO Max, was looking at an Onn Roku TV, but no HBO Max means no Roku TV . . .)

If you watch Peacock, the Samsung TV will solve your HBO Max issue, but you won't be able to watch Peacock on it since there's no native app for Peacock on Samsung TVs.

0 Kudos
tae111
Level 9

Jump to solution

I had an older 55" Samsung TV and bought a new TCL 65" TV a few weeks before HBO Max came out. I would have bought another Samsung if I knew there was going to be this issue. 

0 Kudos
Jeff12345
Level 7

Jump to solution

This has gone on long enough. Roku is being petty, and needs to grow up. Stop hurting your customers, and your customers will stop telling people not to buy your products. 

Your upper management team is a disappointment.

bigbob417
Level 9

Jump to solution

Kiler says "Roku will cave, because holiday", but, sure, Roku is the problem. 🙄

dfmarino
Level 7

HBO Max & ROKU solved

Jump to solution

Buy a $20 Amazon FIRESTICK.  Stuff it into an open HDMI port.

I just did this, on a TCL ROKU TV.  I labeled it as "Legal Fight bypass device".  Works flawlessly, and I just bought a 2nd $20 firestick Smiley Happy.

To boot?  I can now call up my Dahau Security IP cams, with "IP Cam Viewer Pro" - also ROKU unsupported.

Just sayin - to many legal fights, to much "not supported on this platform" - and for $20, including tax?  You get the closest thing to a "dual boot TV" that you will ever get Smiley Happy.

CaptGrumpy
Level 10

Re: HBO Max & ROKU solved

Jump to solution

@dfmarino wrote:

Buy a $20 Amazon FIRESTICK.  Stuff it into an open HDMI port.

I just did this, on a TCL ROKU TV.  I labeled it as "Legal Fight bypass device".  Works flawlessly, and I just bought a 2nd $20 firestick Smiley Happy.

To boot?  I can now call up my Dahau Security IP cams, with "IP Cam Viewer Pro" - also ROKU unsupported.

Just sayin - to many legal fights, to much "not supported on this platform" - and for $20, including tax?  You get the closest thing to a "dual boot TV" that you will ever get Smiley Happy.

Yup. I just did it with the Chromecast with Google TV. Two platforms, no waiting. Smiley Very Happy

Fred3
Level 10

Jump to solution

Warnermedia will cave before xmas. They have been heavily publicizing the premiere of their new “Wonder Woman” movie that premieres on xmas. The lack of an HBO MAX app on ROKU has resulted in anemic growth and huge losses. The only way the short-pants CEO Jason Kilar can salvage the disastrous rollout is to set aside his megalomania and make a deal or the AT&T Board of Directors will do it for him. The AT&T stock price continues to circle the bowl, so patience for coddling Kilar must be running out by now.

bknabe
Level 12

Jump to solution

@debsmith5065 wrote:

@GLKing wrote:

Not true.  My Samsung TV has HBO Max.  SO if Roku isn’t going to get their **bleep** together, and you are looking for an upgrade or replacement, I’d go with a Samsung smart TV

(was looking to replace an older, less smart, smart TV because they are no longer updating it and thus can’t get HBO Max, was looking at an Onn Roku TV, but no HBO Max means no Roku TV . . .)

If you watch Peacock, the Samsung TV will solve your HBO Max issue, but you won't be able to watch Peacock on it since there's no native app for Peacock on Samsung TVs.

@debsmith5065 wrote:

@GLKing wrote:

Which just highlights that going forward if you want to have everything you have to have multiple devices. But if I had to choose between HBO Max and Peacock I'd go with Peacock.

0 Kudos