Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Whats happening to Roku with HBO Max

Jump to solution

"I wonder if I need to do something different on my iPad to get Airplay to work more universally."

My only suggestion which you probably already have done is to make sure you have the most recent iOs update and reboot it...beyond that I would be contacting apple support.

0 Kudos
Level 11

Jump to solution

Wrong

0 Kudos
Level 13

Jump to solution

@metrogordonmeye wrote:

@Basstonex wrote:

I happen to be of the opinion that it is HBO MAX that is the problem. Aside from their widely known disputes with Roku and Amazon, they have built into the app a bug that doesn’t allow Chromecasting the content as well. Bad business all around

I don't know which version of the Chromecast you are using, but I've had no problem at all streaming HBO Max through my first generation Chromecast.  Just did it this morning to watch Bill Maher's season finale. 

However, now that my TV has upgraded to include Airplay 2, for some reason there are only a handful of apps on my iPad that seem to work with Airplay and HBO Max isn't one of them. I wonder if I need to do something different on my iPad to get Airplay to work more universally.

Make sure your iPad is running iOS 11.4 or later.  Previous versions have Airplay 1, not Airplay 2.

HBO Max documentation on using Airplay 2 with Roku is available here:

https://help.hbomax.com/Answer/Detail/2346 

If you continue to have trouble after attempting to follow HBO Max's own documentation, then attempt contacting HBO Max so-called "support" at 855-442-6629.

Good luck.

@drbruce2 wrote:

Wrong

Can you provide more context of what post you are replying to and what is wrong?

0 Kudos
Level 9

Jump to solution
@drbruce2 wrote:

Wrong

Can you provide more context of what post you are replying to and what is wrong?

I'm not sure what drbruce2 was replying to but it certainly would be appropriate as a reply to the title of this thread " Re: Whats happening to Roku with HBO Max"  in that it's wrong that we still don't have HBO Max....he's obviously a man of few words.

0 Kudos
Level 13

Jump to solution

@jlanzy wrote:
@drbruce2 wrote:

Wrong

I'm not sure what drbruce2 was replying to but it certainly would be appropriate as a reply to the title of this thread " Re: Whats happening to Roku with HBO Max"  in that it's wrong that we still don't have HBO Max....he's obviously a man of few words.

Well, we have Miracast and Air Play 2 on Roku.

And we have investors claiming Roku stock is going to surge 20%.  Seems like they expect something big to happen.

You are finished with Project Blue Book on Peacock TV so soon?

How about NEXT on FOX NOW?  I know we tend to only get 1 season of scifi out of FOX before they cancel it but the trailer looked interesting.

Away on Netflix?  Or Biohackers on Netflix?

Upload on Amazon Prime?

We got plenty of material on Roku while we wait for things to finish up.  Hopefully soon AT&T decides it prefers making money instead of excluding us.

0 Kudos
Level 14

Jump to solution

Fox cancelled neXt nearly a month ago (will air the remaining eps).

0 Kudos
Level 11

Jump to solution

Not an answer. Not a solution. There is zilch on either web site about the impasse. Thanks for keeping us informed. One Hundred eighty three days since the inception of HBO Max. It's going to impact sales of your new streamers and speakers! But what the heck do I know. Just been a loyal customer since your inception.  It's a shame that your company is not as loyal to me as I am (was) to them!

Level 9

Jump to solution

My thoughts only are roku has probably seen the handwriting on the wall that att is not going to allow hbo max to be under the roku channel after that failed at Amazon.  So now they are trying to squeeze every revenue dollar they can with hbo max as its own app which I suppose is more involved than it falling under the roku channel banner. But, still, both are set to profit more the sooner it goes live rather than just staring at each other across the table waiting for one to scream uncle.

0 Kudos
Level 9

Jump to solution

Amazon announced that HBO Max is now available on Fire TV and Amazon Fire tablets. It looks like Roku is the only holdout now. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Roku and HBO dispute blocking HBO Max

Jump to solution

Not true.  My Samsung TV has HBO Max.  SO if Roku isn’t going to get their **bleep** together, and you are looking for an upgrade or replacement, I’d go with a Samsung smart TV

(was looking to replace an older, less smart, smart TV because they are no longer updating it and thus can’t get HBO Max, was looking at an Onn Roku TV, but no HBO Max means no Roku TV . . .)