Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CaptGrumpy
Level 11

Re: Whats happening to Roku with HBO Max

Jump to solution

I am Max'd !

Sioux1006
Level 7

Jump to solution

HBO Max became available on Roku December 17th 2020. I have tried to download it five times and each time it comes up error. No error code or any other info. Has anyone else had the same issue?

Fred3
Level 10

Jump to solution

@Sioux1006 wrote:

HBO Max became available on Roku December 17th 2020. I have tried to download it five times and each time it comes up error. No error code or any other info. Has anyone else had the same issue?

HBO MAX is working fine for me. I just went into the systems menu, pressed update, then my HBO app updated and turned into an HBO MAX app.

It’s interesting, I just looked at what is going on with the stock prices. Today, the ROKU stock price continues to rocket higher, but the AT&T stock price only continued it’s downward spiral.

0 Kudos
Lgodave
Level 9

Jump to solution

Same here. Although I just saw it about an hour ago via my oldest Roku (2 XD) so I didn't think much of it. Will be curious to see if the HBO app just automatically updates to Max and maybe that could be it? (If it's already installed... Maybe try uninstalling...)

0 Kudos
CaptGrumpy
Level 11

Jump to solution

@Sioux1006 wrote:

Just manually update the app, it should change over automatically

0 Kudos
In
Level 8

Jump to solution

When I searched HBO Max it showed up as HBO Max but loaded with an HBO screen. So I uninstalled HBOMax and reinstalled it.  And when that didn’t work right I restarted Roku twice. Finally it loaded HBOMax. 

I did notice that I had to search for a couple of series that were not on my favorites list on Roku even though  they were on my list in the app. So I had to go to each series and remove and add them back to get them to show up. 

Also at the top of the screen the options for browse , search and account don’t really highlight or enlarge when you choose them in an app easy to see way. 

Finally the different hubs are only available at the bottom of the screen. 

Other than that this app is awesome. Can’t wait to binge watch on Roku! 😂

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I'm happy to say that the highly anticipated HBO Max is now available for streaming on Roku!

For information about this announcement, visit our Blog post here: https://blog.roku.com/hbo-max

For more information about how to view HBO Max on your Roku device, be sure to visit our Support page here: How do I watch HBO Max on my Roku® streaming device?

We will be closing this thread out.

Happy Streaming!
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post