Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Roku: Come to an agreement with HBO Max or I am Leaving

Jump to solution

@MohawkAdam wrote:

Not waiting anymore. Trying to decide between Apple TV 4k box, or waiting for Google's new sabrina Chromecast.

Main benefit with the Apple for me is the free year of Apple TV, but I use Android not Apple. Should I wait for the Google or grab the Apple while they have the free year offer?


Apple TV 4K is now 3 year old tech; rumors are there will be a new model this year

Level 18

Re: Roku: Come to an agreement with HBO Max or I am Leaving

Jump to solution

or you are leaving?

.....ooooooooooooooohhhh

WoW that is scary.

.....Thanks for sharing.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
Level 7

Re: Roku: Come to an agreement with HBO Max or I am Leaving

Jump to solution

What good are GoT & True Blood when the last two seasons of each are almost unwatchable? I grant you Sopranos is great through and through, but you can get that on the regular HBO app.

Level 12

Re: Roku: Come to an agreement with HBO Max or I am Leaving

Jump to solution

@MohawkAdam wrote:

Not waiting anymore. Trying to decide between Apple TV 4k box, or waiting for Google's new sabrina Chromecast.

Main benefit with the Apple for me is the free year of Apple TV, but I use Android not Apple. Should I wait for the Google or grab the Apple while they have the free year offer?


The Tivo Stream 4k I picked up after someone recommended it here. It is $49.99 and runs straight android so it has everything that android TV has. I highly recommend it.

Level 12

Re: Roku: Come to an agreement with HBO Max or I am Leaving

Jump to solution

@Iamthenarwhal wrote:

Not having access to Max content wasn’t an issue for me until American Pickle and Raised by Wolves were released.  I’m picking up a Chromecast dongle today.  Maybe I’ll only swap it out when I want to watch Max content, until this pissing contest is over.  Maybe I’ll find I like it better, and my Roku Ultra will go into the box of obsolete electronics headed to the recycling center. What I know for sure is every minute I spend streaming on the Chromecast equals revenue that Roku will be giving away  

I dropped Dish satellite service after 15 years and switched to streaming when I got sick of the constant lock outs of programming I was paying for. I’ve upgraded my Roku devices twice in the past, and have never considered another streaming platform. Until now. Not a smart business move, Roku. 



@Iamthenarwhal wrote:

Not having access to Max content wasn’t an issue for me until American Pickle and Raised by Wolves were released.  I’m picking up a Chromecast dongle today.  Maybe I’ll only swap it out when I want to watch Max content, until this pissing contest is over.  Maybe I’ll find I like it better, and my Roku Ultra will go into the box of obsolete electronics headed to the recycling center. What I know for sure is every minute I spend streaming on the Chromecast equals revenue that Roku will be giving away  

I dropped Dish satellite service after 15 years and switched to streaming when I got sick of the constant lock outs of programming I was paying for. I’ve upgraded my Roku devices twice in the past, and have never considered another streaming platform. Until now. Not a smart business move, Roku. 


Yep that is exactly what it reminds me of Dish blackouts.

Level 12

Re: Roku: Come to an agreement with HBO Max or I am Leaving

Jump to solution

@meestergud wrote:

What good are GoT & True Blood when the last two seasons of each are almost unwatchable? I grant you Sopranos is great through and through, but you can get that on the regular HBO app.


To each there own, but I loved them.

0 Kudos
Level 12

Re: Roku: Come to an agreement with HBO Max or I am Leaving

Jump to solution

@jenelephant wrote:

GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS ROKU! Whats happening to Roku with HBO Max 


Ask HBO Max.

Level 12

Re: Roku and HBO dispute blocking HBO Max

Jump to solution

@caroljj wrote:

I have all Roku's and am about to switch to another streaming device that has all the apps I want to stream.


Bye Bye.

0 Kudos
Level 12

Re: Roku and HBO dispute blocking HBO Max

Jump to solution

@caroljj wrote:

Peacock along with HBO Max can not be streamed on Roku either.


Good. No one needs them.

0 Kudos
Level 12

Re: Whats happening to Roku with HBO Max

Jump to solution

@Jmsherman8 wrote:


Here is the problem if it isn't the game we want to see then we don't go, and there goes there ad revenue they seem to be so worried about. Also if the game isn't what we want, then there are other stadiums to go to. Tivo Stream 4k rings a bell.


That's right. Peacock TV loses ad revenue, as well as paid subscribers. HBO Max will lose the advertising revenue too once it starts showing ads, as well as the paid subscribers. They have more to lose than Roku. Those other stadiums are 70% smaller, so HBO Max and Peacock TV won't make money in them. The cost to put on the games will put 'em in the red.

At any rate. I love how you keep agreeing with me.

0 Kudos