Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Whats happening to Roku with HBO Max

Jump to solution

Round and round, not waiting anymore, what is best picture quality alternative out there? Apple or chromecast?

Jump to solution

While I think it's just a matter of time before WarnerMedia. Comcast and Roku finally work out their differences, who knows how long that's going to take. We don't even know if the companies are still in active negotiations. Infuriating and arrogant.

Meanwhile, I found an old Chromecast that I originally got 6 years ago.  Because of space issues on the side of my wall mounted TCL TV, I won't be able to actually connect it until the end of the week when the HTML extender cable arrives. It won't support 4K, bit neither Peacock or  HBO Max offer 4K content anyway and my TV does a pretty good job of up scaling. I anticipate it being a viable work around short term. 

Meanwhile, I see that TCL just announced their first Android TV based sets coming out later this year. They aren't dropping Roku from the mix, but if I choose to upgrade to a newer TV this fall I'll definitely be more inclined to get the Android version unless Roku finally starts carrying the HBO Max and Peacock apps, 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hey, Danny. 

How about you actually do something instead of posting the same lame response you post to any concern. I can tell by looking at this question and others that you just post the same pretyped response. Why not do something different like telling the truth; that you and Roku are just ignoring the audience, or how about a radical idea. What if you actually went and did something like get people HBO Max. If Roku can have HBO NOW and had HBO GO then logically there is nothing but Roku's greed and stupidity getting in the way of Roku viewers have HBO Max.

Sincerely 

A pissed of viewer.

Level 12

Jump to solution

@jay_dub wrote:

I could care less about the HBO CEO. I as a viewer just want to see Hard Knocks which they have made available to me through the HBO app. I will continue to be upset with Roku about the lack of Max.

You don't care that he just said he is holding out until Q4 because the Roku will be forced to cave or miss the gift giving season? In other words, he doesn't care how HBO customers feel, as long as he can for Roku to surrender. I am not saying Roku is innocent of all wrong in this, but he is counting on us blaming Roku for the problem. And a surprisingly large number of people are falling for it, refusing to hold HBO accountable at all.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Come on figure this out. You got about another week before I start replacing all my roku devices with Apple or amazon devices. So disappointing, you used to be the best in streaming device. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is not a solution and should not be labeled as such.  The topic should remain unresolved until there is a deal in place that will allow Roku users access to HBO Max on the platform.

Level 11

Jump to solution

Perhaps, just maybe Roku thinks that HBO Max will go the way of Blockbuster? So if they wait a few decades, HBO Max will go the way of the Dodo bird. May 27th and counting.

0 Kudos
Level 12

Jump to solution

@drbruce2 wrote:

Perhaps, just maybe Roku thinks that HBO Max will go the way of Blockbuster? So if they wait a few decades, HBO Max will go the way of the Dodo bird. May 27th and counting.

LOL, there is a better chance of that happening to Roku. 

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

That’s actually not a solution. There are many movies and series that are only available on HBO Max. Have to say if this continues much longer I’m going to leave Roku and go with an option like Apple TV that doesn’t so severely limit my choices. (Peacock being another issue.) I would urge Roku’s management to solve the HBO Max issue soon. 

0 Kudos

Re: Roku and HBO dispute blocking HBO Max

Jump to solution

Yep, that's an awesome solution. You can also do that with Peacock. This... This is the result of the loss of net neutrality and the consolidation of media companies and carriers. AWESOME! Now I can have 500 different services running on 500 different devices. Now, If I could only get a TV with 500 HDMI ports.

</s>