Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Whats happening to Roku with HBO Max

Jump to solution

I thought of using the mirror function, but

1. For me it gets pretty cumbersome. 

2. The phone is unusable during streaming. 

3. On my phone, the battery dies faster than it gets recharged, even when plugged in during streaming (gets pretty hot, too).

4. My mirror function is pretty unstable on my devices - I get kicked of occasionally. Probably won't last the length of a movie. 

So, all in all - Not an option for me,  but I'm glad it's working out for you. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I agree with you.  Roku is nothing but an easily replaceable medium.  Neither amazon, which I can side-load with android TV or Roku should decide what I want to stream or how.  If this isn’t resolved. By by Roku.  

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Why not just replace Roku.  Doesn’t it bother you that some middleman is deciding what you get to see?  It is no better than a cable company at that point.  

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I'm inclined to do that. It's just everything is so entangled with Roku at my house, that I'm going to give it another week. But the next streaming device I buy isn't going to be Roku.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

The problem is clearly with HBO Max and ATT not Roku or Amazon.  ATT is the holdup not allowing its products on those platforms that cover 70% of streaming consumers.  Unfortonately it's nearly impossible to get feedback to HBO Max, though clearly much easier as here for feedback to Roku or Amazon.  Roku is ready to provide the access once HBO Max decides their compensation model.

Level 8

Jump to solution

HBO Max is probably too busy removing "Gone With The Wind".

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

HBO Max thinks they know best what you should be watching by removing a classic like Gone with the Wind. If you want HBO max to be censoring what you should be watching, by all means find a device that that suits you. 

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I connect my phone to my Roku device to view HBO Max... no money needed. The only issue I have with it is unlike Netflix and other streaming platforms, if you're watching a TV show (like Friends...yay!) the next episode will just keep playing until you stop it. It doesn't automatically stop after a few episodes; so the chance of over heating your phone is very likely, especially if you fall asleep. Just another thought...

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Sounds like you have an Android phone.  I long migrated from Android to iOS and iPhones so do not have that option.  Good mention but won't help iPhone or iPad users.  There is a possibility that on some smart TVs, newer ones, that support AirPlay2 i could.  Current 2015 Samsung does not but setting up 2020 Sony smart tv soon which will let me install an Hbo Max app on the Tv itself.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I’m really in a pickle. I actually switched to Apple TV several years ago, but I am still paying for HBO with Roku Pay since that’s what I used to have. So I actually have the HBO Max app, but it won’t run because I use Roku Pay!

0 Kudos