Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Stonenote
Level 7

Re: What's wrong with YouTube?

I too am having the same problems as Dodge22 mentioned. After bringing up YouTube each time after doing one video. The icons, cover screens and descriptions start disappearing. Then the list of my subscriptions disappears and then everything but the red arrow at top left disappears. I have two different roku devices the stick and the express both less than two yrs old. I have deleted the YT app from both tvs, rebooted both tvs, then reinstalled the apps again to no avail. This is serious and seems to have started after they changed to the new format. Only way to work around is screen mirror from phone to TV and that only works on one of the tvs well. Please get this fixed as I only watch YouTube videos and no longer watch 'regular' TV.

Update:  Wed, 4.17.2018  Seems better now. Haven't noticed it doing this problem so much. Maybe it was a glitch when switched the format from top down to sideways.  Thanks for elevating it to youtube. Maybe that made a difference. If so, thank you, thank you!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Jllz202
Level 7

Like so many others ,my YouTube is not streaming properly. I have a roku express 3710x. It worked fine until approx 730pm Tue april10/18. You can see a few of the videos in the rows on the home page and then all the rest disappeared. Clearly this is a growing issue. It needs to be fixed right away! I have restarted everything and even put my roku back to factory and same issue.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RokuShawnS
Level 10

This issue has been elevated to YouTube.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Wio_Steelhor
Level 7

Just to add my two cents.  I have a Roku powered LG television and have been experiencing the same issues for the past three to four weeks.  I can scroll around about eight tiles before I start losing the thumbnails and/or text.  A few more tile movements then the app crashes back to the main Roku screen.  Also, If I chose to watch the first video on the list, after twenty to thirty minutes the app will crash back to the main Roku menu anyway.  I hope Google will provide an update soon.  To let them know how annoying this has been, I submit an App Feedback/“The Interface is not working” each and everytime the app crashes.

LG model: 55LF5700-UA
Roku TV: 5313X
Software version: 8.0.0 build 4183-23
Youtube version: 1.0 build 70500252

Thanx,
Wio
0 Kudos
Highlighted
zazocar
Level 7

Everytime, I watch youtube  w/Roku after a while  youtube hangs and Roku displays a message of screen incompatibility something like Roku can confirm that my device is HDMI. The only way to fix it is to disconnect Roku form the HDMI into the tv and restart Roku. This only happens with the Youtube app so far.
It is not the same behaviour as other as describing but to me is not Youtube is Roku.
I am fairly new to this forum, but everytime I look for issues that I am experiencing it seems it is never Roku.
If you have several people reporting a device that is taking a lot of bandwith even when not streaming, that does not work with other apps something tells me some firmware updates are needed, if all these issues are dismissed to other devices does any of this actually makes it to engineering.
I should have saved more money I buy an apple tv. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Wio_Steelhor
Level 7

Update: No change

I still have the same issue with the Youtube Channel.  I’ve removed the channel and rebooted, unplugged, ect several times over the past month but I get the same result after reinstalling.  To add to the frustration, Roku update 8.1.0 is causing my Pioneer receiver to lock up when enabling Audio Control under the ARC setting.  *sigh*

Thanx,
Wio
0 Kudos
Highlighted
rditz
Level 7

i am having an issue as well, when i select to watch youtube, i get a blank screen until the app eventually times out with a connection error. My connection is fine, because i can select Netflix and watch that without issue.

RokuTV:5222X
Model: LC-55LB481C
Software V8.0.0 Build:4182-34

Youtube: V1.0 Build:70500252
0 Kudos
Highlighted
rditz
Level 7

ok, i checked youtube's web site for troubleshooting ideas and what they recommended was to disconnect the power from the TV and then reconnect it.. i did this for about 20secs.. then powered up the tv, selected youtube and it works.. i had to re-activate the device to my account, but that was simple..

give that a try.. 

good luck.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
ws6chad
Level 7

My YouTube is not working this evening.  I have had the TV setup with youtube since I bought it a year or so ago.   Nothing has changed.  I am the only one that uses this TV.  55" 4k HDR with digital tv tuner built in.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
erik316wttn
Level 7

I just recently started having problems. The app works just fine except for some videos play audio but there's a blank screen. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, resetting my Roku, and even projecting to my tv from my phone and laptop and I get the same thing. It seems to happen with random videos, with no real rhyme or reason. Seriously annoying. Any ideas?

I have the 3600x Roku Stick, build 4145-24
0 Kudos