Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to my favorite channel MovieSphere?

I wish Roku would handle their internal business with providers more better and give us advance notice of a channel's closure. We spend good money on your devices that are getting even more expensive every year. MovieSphere was an excellent channel. Why is it no longer on any of my devices. It has deleted itself? I see it is no longer available in my Roku store as well. Why do the best channels disappear?

3 REPLIES 3
demsd
Roku Guru

Re: What happened to my favorite channel MovieSphere?

@playhouserage wrote:

I wish Roku would handle their internal business with providers more better and give us advance notice of a channel's closure. We spend good money on your devices that are getting even more expensive every year. MovieSphere was an excellent channel. Why is it no longer on any of my devices. It has deleted itself? I see it is no longer available in my Roku store as well. Why do the best channels disappear?

Why are you assuming it was Roku who removed it?

Are you aware it is available in the Roku "live" channels?

https://therokuchannel.roku.com/details/4f41754c25e159dfb8bae8d9e6101bad/moviesphere#!

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
JCLord
Reel Rookie

He mainly meant that the ACTUAL channel from MOVIESPHERE with movies, shows, is gone from their Roku channel store!...I kinda too, good separate content!.

IMO, I think Roku & MSphere came to an agreement for Roku to just have it on their live guide [ hence NO MORE separate Movies, shows section ], just as a Live Channel instead.......works for both, as Roku gets more content for their Live guide, plus MSphere gets a cut of what Roku gets for their ads.....both Happy!.

I also Now like the Roku Channel Live Guide, faster, quicker.......I JUST NEED them to show a thumbnail of the actual movie playing on top while browsing its guide!.

0 Kudos
DisastifiedAL
Roku Guru

I had channel when it was Vidmark, It was VOD, now forced through "Roku Channel" and live stream. I detest roku channel, hate vidmark is no longer, Moviesphere is a joke.

0 Kudos