Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DiverDave

What channels are available in the Philippines?

Jump to solution

I am considering buying a Roku streaming device for my Philippine stepson's TV. I see posts regarding channels that are, or were, unavailable and I have no idea what exactly IS available. In particular I am interested in Netflix, Prime Video, Tubi, YouTube (not YouTube TV), HBO GO, Spotify, Dailymotion, and maybe Discovery. I'm also wondering if channels like Hulu, Disney+, and Peacock would be available even though they are restricted in the Philippines. The reason I ask this is because my Philippine-purchased Smart TV has a lot of Korean and other Asian add-ons but no US add-ons except for those unrestricted in the Philippines. Could members who stream Roku in the Philippines please respond? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Re: What channels are available in the Philippines?

Jump to solution

Hi @DiverDave

Thanks for your message.

Currently, Roku players are not officially marketed or sold to that country, but your Roku player should work fine in any country. Although some channels and content may work there, others will have geo-restrictions that prevent them from working, but you can count on Netflix and YouTube working just about anywhere. Also, keep in mind, the Roku Mobile app is not available there at this time.

Thanks for your interest and we hope to expand our presence soon.

All the best,
Irene

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @DiverDave

Thanks for your message.

Currently, Roku players are not officially marketed or sold to that country, but your Roku player should work fine in any country. Although some channels and content may work there, others will have geo-restrictions that prevent them from working, but you can count on Netflix and YouTube working just about anywhere. Also, keep in mind, the Roku Mobile app is not available there at this time.

Thanks for your interest and we hope to expand our presence soon.

All the best,
Irene

Silverwing
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Do we have a solution for this? I saved up to buy the Roku Ultra but was disappointed about the fact that I only get to use 2 major streaming platforms. I thought we could download Amazon, HBO, Disney+, and more from the app store.

I can't return the device either, so I probably have to wait for a long time for those apps to be available.

0 Kudos
josh_ilano

Jump to solution

Hey Bud, just chiming in to help you out. The alternative solution is you create a US account for your Roku even if you are in the Philippines so you can access all the apps you need. 

0 Kudos