Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

What Happened to the MGM SciFi Channel?

The MGM SciFi channel is no longer on the Roku TV app. Why? It was on earlier and when I flipped over to another channel and tried to go back later it was gone.  Why was it removed, it was the best channel on RokuTV.

I am very disappointed. It was the only channel that showed good shows where I didn't have to worry about the vulgar language like on the other movie channels. MGM SciFi is the main reason that I watch Roku if it has been removed there's no reason to watch Roku anymore.

7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: What Happened to the MGM SciFi Channel?

I agree!!! I am bummed that it is gone; a whole channel deleted. I need to find where the original B&W Outer Limits series is playing. It is the best!!!

Highlighted
Level 14

It depends on who was running that channel? Was it MGM themselves or a 3rd party? This is the first day of a new month, so most likely the license expired for those titles and they decided to shut the channel down.

Highlighted

if thats  the case then it would be nice if mgm  themselves would release a apt in the roku store.That would be live just like what we had but for free.

Highlighted
Level 7

Agreed.  What happened?

This is my favorite channel.

Highlighted
Level 9

If you have the Xfinity X1 they have all of the old outer limits series seasons. You can also catch some of the shows on Comet TV. Comet is an Over the Air channel but you can also access it on YouTube TV.

Highlighted
Level 14

There is a Comet TV channel for Roku. It's basically just live streaming and a program guide. It's free.

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/140565/comet-tv

Highlighted
Level 7

I hope that they bring it back. Great channel.