Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Balderdash1
Level 8

Welcome to Sweden no subtitles

A newly added sit com, "Welcome to Sweden", has no English sub-titles, Thus is virtually useless to watch. Any chance this can be remedied? 

11 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Welcome to Sweden no subtitles

On which channel?
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Balderdash1
Level 8

On the ROKU channel.

0 Kudos
Balderdash1
Level 8

On the Roku channel

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Hmmm... subtitles showing here in English.

After pressing * on remote, no other language shown as available, just the usual On always/On reply/Off options.

Scrolling down to Accessibility, I have 3 choices for Captioning track: English, English(2), and English*.  I can't see any difference no matter what the setting -- all in English.  Every time I go back to check, it's reverted to English* -- I suspect this means there are really only two settings, English and English(2), the * means which one is currently selected, and English(2) is missing so it reverted to English.

Soundtrack for me is in English, with no subtitles when characters are speaking Swedish.  I suspect English (2) perhaps is supposed to have the subtitles when speaking Swedish but is missing. 

This is on a Streaming Stick+.

I doubt very much that Roku has created this content and whoever they are licensing it from is responsible for the audio and cc tracks.

Perhaps @RokuDanny-R can pass this on.

0 Kudos
Balderdash1
Level 8

There are sub-titles, in English, for the English spoken dialogue, however, no English sub-titled "translation" of all the Swedish spoken. virtually half of each episode.

Any way to get this fixed?

makaiguy
Level 20

@Balderdash1 wrote:

There are sub-titles, in English, for the English spoken dialogue, however, no English sub-titled "translation" of all the Swedish spoken. virtually half of each episode.

Any way to get this fixed?

That's why I referenced Roku employee @RokuDanny-R above to bring this thread to his attention.  This will require Roku getting something changed by whoever is supplying this program to Roku.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
anon1111
Level 7

According to information on the web, this series does have subtitles and did when released in the US.  

So why?  Would be great to have them.

Ghn
Level 8

Same here. On the Roku Channel, Season 1 does but no English subtitles for season 2. This is on a Roku #ultra as well as on #PC streaming

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

I have already escalated this issue to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Once they provide me with an update I'll be sure to let the Community know.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator