Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NoTVmike
Level 7

Weird Amazon Problem

My Roku stick will not play Amazon Prime TV series - it will play movies on Amazon, and all other streaming services are working perfectly. The show will start, and then after a second or two, I will be sent back to the Roku home page. This just started this week. I have done a ton of troubleshooting, with Amazon on the phone, and they contacted Roku also.  Software was reloaded and all the typical stuff. At this point, they have no idea what is going on, and their technical support team is supposedly investigating.  Has anyone run into a problem like this or have any suggestions? Thanks very much.
0 Kudos
10 Replies
KoolNana52
Level 7

Re: Weird Amazon Problem

Mine is doing this right now.  I haven't tried watching a movie, just have TV shows in Watch List, and as you say, plays for a few seconds, stops and "throws" me back to Roku start page.  No problem with Hulu, haven't tried any other channels.  Those are the only 2 I watch mostly.  It's always something, isn't it?
0 Kudos
NoTVmike
Level 7

Yes it is, very odd. I'll post back when they (or I) figure it out.
0 Kudos
benchpresser
Level 7

Yes, it's definitely still happening.  Amazon movies are fine but TV shows revert to Roku home screen after 30 seconds.  This is happening on the old Roku1 I have in my office but NOT on our Roku TV.
0 Kudos
lvjohn2002
Level 7

Can play trailers of movies or tv shows but when i go to play either tv show or movie plays for 5 seconds goes back to home page.  I have tried rebooting and uninstall still same issue.
0 Kudos
Kickedoff
Level 7

Mine just started doing this yesterday - very irritating.  I have two Roku's in the house; the other one is fine!
0 Kudos
edschminke
Level 7

Glad to know, I'm not alone.  I'm experiencing similar issues.  Amazon Prime works fine from say, an Android phone or tablet, but does not on the Roku stick.  After a second or two, the video stops and the Roku returns to the home screen.  The only anomaly is that it seems to be doing this with both TV and Movies.  First noticed this afternoon, but could have been a problem for longer.  Last time it was known to work was Wednesday evening (9/19/18 22:00 -0500) 
0 Kudos
NoTVmike
Level 7

Mine is now working correctly. Thanks.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

I watch Amazon almost daily, usually on my Insignia TV but sometimes on my Ultra. I'm usually rewatching an episode of Dr. Who, which of course is a TV show. I've never encountered that issue with Amazon or any other channel. Sounds like it might have been something intermittent. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Kickedoff
Level 7

"NoTVmike" wrote:
Mine is now working correctly. Thanks.

Mine's working again too.  Any idea what the problem was or how Roku fixed it?
0 Kudos