Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

WeatherNation

Hi,

I'm Robert and I am deaf and I love to watch WeatherNation on our Roku on TV and my App on my IPhone..  I had closed captioned on and was working fine....

All of sudden now it is showing disabled and not showing it on my TV and my app ( The Roku Channel ).

I have tried everything to get it on but no luck...

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: WeatherNation

A weather Head, eh? Weird that it happens on both your phone and Roku.

Do you have mirroring set up? Settings/ Captions>> always on

If its only a problem on that Channel there are a bunch of other weather Channels available.

It may be a temporary thing.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@boogernose    Thanks for replying...  yes it is weird that I am not getting closed captioned on that channel  on the Roku Channel both on TV and The Roku Channel app.  It worked before... now  I don't know why.   I am thinking it could be something that is "prevent" it from getting through ?

What do you mean mirroring ? What does that do ?

I have DirecTV but never really like The Weather Channel . I missed their way back and all change now...  I sometimes watch AccuWeather and it is ok...

Does it work on yours TV or app ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

I read somewhere on the net that WeatherNation has had some sort of problem with captions before years ago. It involved something legal/political or something. And then it was back.

Did you check your settings?  from Home screen Settings/ Captions>> always on

This is from 2011 https://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/weather-channel-takes-aim-weathernation-captioning-fcc-129133

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thank you , friend.

Yes I think I saw that linked you gave me and the reason the Weather Channel accused of them not improving WeatherNation's CC was because of potential unsafe to the hearing impaired/deaf community if they don't get the right information.  They should be taken care of this...

I tried to use WeatherNation's their app from the Streaming Channels News & Weather list but they never updated to add the CC. Their app version says 112 and last update Nov. 27, 2018.

The ones I use often is through their Roku Channel app's News, Sports & Entertainment  and they always had their closed captioned on all the time before it got disappeared recently.

0 Kudos