Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Psilobite
Level 7

Weather4us screensaver broken in latest app update

I'm on a Roku Ultra 4660X running software 9.0.0 Build 4083-46 (the latest).

My Weather4us screensaver was working fine until tonight. Immediately after the Weather4us app was updated to version 3.5 Build 1, it stopped working.

Even though the Weather4us screensaver is set as the current screensaver, the Roku Aquarium screensaver shows instead. If I go to "Settings" -> "Screensaver" -> "Change screensaver" -> "Weather4us" -> "Preview (current screensaver)", I get a message, "One moment please while we prepare the 30 slides..." which is normal, but then within less than a second later a box appears, "Screensaver preview failed / The screensaver could not be previewed. You may need to change its custom settings. / OK"

I don't see anything out of the ordinary in the Weather4us app. It lets you select which slides to display and they are all selected.

I did try changing the screensaver to a different one, then changing it back to Weather4us. It had no effect. I also tried updating and restarting the Roku. That also had no effect.

It would appear that something in this latest Weather4us app update broke the screensaver.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
CrazyEights
Level 7

Re: Weather4us screensaver broken in latest app update

Can confirm. I have the same Roku model with the same software and build numbers. Weather4us no longer activates as a screensaver, and the screensaver cannot be previewed.
I've reported this to support@weather4us.com.
0 Kudos
Psilobite
Level 7

Re: Weather4us screensaver broken in latest app update

I just found that address too and also e-mailed them. Let's hope they fix it!
0 Kudos