Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Weather4us screen saver

There is a slide showing mainly green squares on a map of the USA,what is this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Weather4us screen saver

@bpealo1 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I believe it's the USGS water level map, but you can go into the Weather4us app, select "National" from the top menu (which are most of the slides the screensaver shows) and click the OK button for any slide.  This will tell you what the slide is and also allow you to remove it from your screensaver.   You can also select "Functions" in the top menu, and then "Manage Screensaver" and it will display a short description for each slide as well as letting you add or remove it from your screensaver.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

RokuDanny-R: Not relevant.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Unable to remove Weather4US channel...
Where is says Manage, it says for a second, remove channel.Where is says Manage, it says for a second, remove channel.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I'm assuming that if you cancel your subscription under "Manage subscription" then you'll be able to remove it.

Highlighted
Level 7

@mywegmansconnect wrote:

I'm assuming that if you cancel your subscription under "Manage subscription" then you'll be able to remove it.

This will tell you what the slide is and also allow you to remove it from your screensaver.   You can also select "Functions" in the top menu, and then "Manage Screensaver" and it will display a short description for each slide as well as letting you add or remove it from your screensaver.

Highlighted
Level 7

Thank you NaiveBandit,

I actually did deselect all slides to see what slides display by default. The only issue is the slide that shows the WSR-88D image. And it’s not with the slide directly. It’s the display of the time. First run through it begins with the time in the upper right, then the upper left. Next go around when it displays the time on the alternate corner it simply pastes on top of the last time instead of replacing it with the current time.

See attached photo.

the only other issue is that at one point the whole screen goes black. 

In addition, the original issue is that there is no way to edit all slides. The defaults stay unaltered. I may just want it to alternate between weekly forecast and the hourly

Time overwrites itself, instead of replacing with current time.Time overwrites itself, instead of replacing with current time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I became a lifetime subscriber to Weather4Us about 5 years ago.  Up until the latest Roku update it worked fine, screensavers worked fine, and now I keep being asked to subscribe to the monthly ad-free version.  It appears at the top of the screen.  I click “ok” to subscribe to their monthly fees, and it says “thank you for being a subscriber.”  HOWEVER, it is still playing ads and the screensaver won’t work!  This is so ridiculous.  Roku can’t answer me about any of it.  

0 Kudos