Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kickn4ss
Level 7

Weather4us Zip Not Valid

I originally wanted the screensaver for my TV, but whenever I enter my Zip code, as prompted as soon as I launch the app, it states "23455 is not a valid zip code. Please try again." and boots me out to the on-screen keyboard page to enter Zip Code or City, ST. Even when I enter my city, nothing shows up to click on.

Is there a different weather screensaver that isn't a monthly fee?

4 REPLIES 4\
mmickey
Level 7

Re: Weather4us Zip Not Valid

It's now months after the first complaints regarding this and the problem is still ongoing; Weather4us will not permit locations to be updated or added to, and any Zip Code input is declared invalid.  Adding to the problem, the offshore tech support has been beyond useless (after multiple back-and-forth efforts, they still seem completely lacking in training on the products, merely keep repeating scripted answers, and try to close the ticket when their scripted repetitions don't work).

I'm a 30+ year IT engineer, was a very early Roku adopter, paid for the original Weather4us channel, AND paid *again* when Roku took over responsibility for the channel.  Please either fix the channel... OR at least admit to the problem and offer an estimated time to repair.  This silence from the Roku team is deafening... and it's profoundly unprofessional.

0 Kudos
juana3383c
Level 7

Weather4Us Roku App | Version 3.6 | App Updated 10/21/2020

Same issue.
I've been using the Weather4Us Roku app continuously for 6+ years, & even through the purchase/upgrade of several Roku devices throughout the years, I've never had any problems with it-- until today. My location suddenly disappeared, & when I go to re-enter my zip code, an error message pops up stating "the zip code entered is not valid". I then tried entering the zip of a major city close by with no luck & same error message. I've tried deleting/reinstalling app, no success. I even updated my Roku device about an hour ago (see below for specific device info)-- again, no luck. App still not working... 

Roku Streaming Stick (3800 series) 
| Software Version: 9.4.0 | Build: 4183-55

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
PC_Magic
Level 9

Hey all, Weather4us support here.  Don't check these forums much as our FAQs inside the app direct you to support@weather4us.com

This baffles me.  We have hundreds if not thousands of folks adding locations daily without issue.  All the program does is call https://midn.com/getcity.php?zip=22307  which makes me wonder if maybe midn.com is being blocked by your router's firewall maybe?  What happens if you click the above link in your browser on the same network?  Is it blocked?

If this doesn't resolve things then please contact me: support@weather4us.com

BTW, Weather4us is free but with ads after 30 days.  There is an ad-free subscription for $3.99 a year, not a monthly subscription.

0 Kudos
PC_Magic
Level 9

We were able to work with one of our users who was experiencing this problem and it turns out that, yes, his router was indeed blocking our calls for no valid reason.  We talked with his ISP but they appeared to brush us off.  We're trying to see if we can work around the block somehow. (sigh)  If you can get into your router then turning off any protection software will probably fix the problem - you likely have a better firewall installed on your OS anyway.  If you are experiencing this problem please contact us at support@weather4us.com 

0 Kudos