Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jontalk
Level 8

Weather4Us channel conflict with firmware 8.1

My Roku 3 updated recently to v 8.1. Last night I opened Weather4Us and after waiting for the interactive BMW commercial to end, when I attempted to toggle to another day's weather, the channel not only crashed, but my new LG OLED TV screen went black and powered off. Assuming the channel had crashed the Roku I waited for it to boot up but it didn't. Needless to say I was a bit freaked out, though I managed to get the TV on again and deleted the channel. In my over 10 years as a Roku owner I've never seen this occur before and not even sure how a channel could power off a TV when it crashes. Very strange behavior so I'd recommend any other Roku 3 owners remove the channel at once.
Roku 3 - Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
LG OLED55B7A, Roku 3, Marantz SR-6005, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds.
0 Kudos