Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SherrySS17
Reel Rookie

Weather widget per screensaver?

That stinks!!!

I purchased the lifetime one (weather widget), but when I changed from my Christmas screensaver to another screensaver it asks for me to purchase the weather widget again. 
Truly that stinks! 
WHAT A RIPOFF!!!

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Weather widget per screensaver?

You're not the first one to complain, but the widget isn't provided by Roku, so blame the developer.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
cindyleewood1
Reel Rookie

I also purchased the lifetime weather widget for my roku screensaver. The clock shows if I run screensaver channel manually but the weather widget never does. It won’t even let me configure it. It doesn’t ask me to but again but says I’ve already purchased it. Just won’t work and can’t get help from roku. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@cindyleewood1

Thanks for the post.

As previously mentioned in this thread, for more information about that widget's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the widget provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels and widgets on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jaclynf

Who is it we need to contact for the “lifetime weather widget” because this is BS and every time I try to look it up it brings up Roku!

cindyleewood1
Reel Rookie

Who is the developer and how do I contact them? None of that information is provided!

DVM1

I have paid the lifetime for this twice now and I have also not been able to move it to another screen saver.  I does work on multiple devices for me and the weather is accurate in the Dallas Texas area.  One thing I noticed.  In the terms of purchase (if anybody looks at it), it indicates that the monthly and annual purchase will auto renew "until you cancel".  How can you cancel if you don't know who to contact.  This is  very under documented and Roku should hold its developers to a higher standard.  This appears to be attached to the screen saver/channel that is was purchased from.  If that's true, that should be documented at time of purchase.  "Lifetime" indicates to most of us that we have use of it when ever or where ever we want it.  Some clarification or resolution to the paying customers would be appreciated.