Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
overtimeman
Level 7

Weather Radar

What's the best weather radar offered on Roku.Been using myradar on the fire stick.
I used to have a life before Roku!
0 Kudos
6 Replies
DubTaylor
Level 10

Re: Weather Radar

The MyRadar App on FireTV, as you know, is a Radar App all others on Roku should aspire to be.
If there is such an animal on Roku - I too would love to know about it.

I use the one on my phone, or MyRadar on FireTV, cause frankly, there ain't any on Roku I've found worth taking up a channel slot.
If I wanted radar graphics from the 80s I'd fire up the old PC-JR and (try to) play Quake (original).
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

"DubTaylor" wrote:
The MyRadar App on FireTV, as you know, is a Radar App all others on Roku should aspire to be.

I use the one on my phone, or MyRadar on FireTV, cause frankly, there ain't any on Roku I've found worth taking up a channel slot.
If I wanted radar graphics from the 80s I'd fire up the old PC-JR and (try to) play Quake (original).

I second that. I have MyRadar on my Fire stick and my phone. By far the best radar app out for Android based devices. Nothing on Roku comes close.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
DubTaylor
Level 10

"jeffrok" wrote:
"DubTaylor" wrote:

I second that. I have MyRadar on my Fire stick and my phone. By far the best radar app out for Android based devices. Nothing on Roku comes close.

If anyone could have directed us to a nice radar app, it would have been you.

[youtube:3v5scvc5]Ja06DJrFe5E[/youtube:3v5scvc5]
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

Lol, I have let the Roku forum down. I will be on my way now.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

I have WeatherNation on my Rokus, and it does offer a weather radar display. However, it seems to have gone downhill since I'd last used it. It now starts with an ad, and it takes a long time for the radar display to update when I zoom in. But at least it's something. 
Looking in the channel store there appears to be quite a number of weather options. Weather HD appears interesting, but of course it's a subscription. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
DubTaylor
Level 10

Weather Nation is ate up with the volume disaster dumass syndrome:
Normal -sometimes
Ads/Random - 400+db breaks my eardrums and blows me through the bay window.

I stopped installing WN a year or two ago when it became fairly obvious they just didn't give a ****.
0 Kudos