Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RayTube
Reel Rookie

How to fix The Weather Channel app not working on my Roku streaming device

Jump to solution

Is The Weather Channel down on Roku?  Mine just sits there and spins with the clouds in the background.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to fix The Weather Channel app not working on my Roku streaming device

Jump to solution

@RayTube

Thanks for the update.

If you are still experiencing an issue with the channel after removing, restarting, and installing again, 

you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
26 REPLIES 26
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I don't happen to have this one installed to check whether the channel itself if having problems, but ...

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel did not install correctly, has received a faulty update, or has subsequently gotten corrupted. A reinstall to get the latest version may fix the problem, so give it a try. Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

Let us know how you make out.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RayTube
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Uninstalled The Weather Channel, Restarted the device through Settings > System > System restart, Reinstalled The Weather Channel, Restarted the device again.

Still sits at the loading screen spinning with clouds in the back ground.  All other channels run fine.  The device is a Roku Express 2019 recently purchased through Roku.

Maybe its a DNS lookup issue ?

RayTube
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

oh, and btw the channel has been running smooth for weeks up until 3 or 4 days ago

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@RayTube

Thanks for the update.

If you are still experiencing an issue with the channel after removing, restarting, and installing again, 

you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SantaNinfa
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same problem and have followed all of the suggested steps, just as you did. I have a Roku Ultra and the Weather Channel app just spins and spins - it never gives me a chance to authenticate. Just spinning and spinning ...

Jump to solution

Mines saying "oops... there was a problem. Sorry for the inconvenience!"

Heres what happened: 

There was an error in the HTTP response. This could mean that malformed HTTP headers or a HTTP error code was returned. 

Followed by a close option

0 Kudos
Roncooper

Jump to solution

This didn't work. I think there's a new issue.  I have 3 tv's all doing the same thing. "There was an error in the http response".

GRF

Jump to solution

Same happening with all my TVs also. Same message. Spectrum is provider.

Tried removing and reinstalling...this did not work.

Anybody know what’s going on?

0 Kudos
mhc1953

Jump to solution

i’m getting the same message.  I connected a Firestick to my Roku TV.  The app works fine through the Firestick. 

0 Kudos