Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HamboneBill
Channel Surfer

Re: “We’re sorry an error has occurred “ message on new CBS shows

Jump to solution

All the suggested "fixes" are useless. No one should have to keep removing the channel and then adding and signing in again day after day. Incompetent nitwits!

dobick
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Is anyone from roku listening.  Has roku been in touch with CBS to correct this problem.  A better solution would to activate once through roku and all channels work on that activation.  If provider service is canceled it could easily canceled with roku.  This **bleep** of having to reactivate every channel monthly is unnecessary, the technology is out there.  Only for the paranoia of the different channels is the present system necessary.  

Lad52
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Directv is my cable provider.

I had been having the problem on only the CBS app prior to last weekend. I reset everything on Thursday and it worked fine until today. Today I got the "We're sorry an error occured" message again.

I have found that if I disconnect from Directv, the error does not reoccur. I don't have to remove, restart, and reinstall the CBS app. I watch "free episodes" on the CBS app and all is well. When I reconnect to Directv all is well for the day. The next day I get the "We're sorry and error occurred" again.

Looks like the CBS app has problems playing well with the providers.

Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

So now, not only is the Paramount+ app wonky, so is the CBS app?

Paramount needs to fire their app developers.

fubarsport

Jump to solution

Hi 

All I did was to log out of CBS/Paramount+ account(s) and relogged back in no issues just a refresh of the account setup

0 Kudos
kaskasero
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Can someone at Roku please contact CBS and resolve this! It is happening to hundreds of us Roku users. We must sign out and sign in every day in order to get the CBS station to work. Please!!

jp_andy

Jump to solution

I am getting the same problem. Only logging out and reauthenticating fixes it and it is very annoying. Clearly there is not a real error but a CBS problem. Can Roku please tell them their app has an authentication problem?

leskoonk
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I think it's a pretty safe bet that it's intentional.  That is, a "feature" rather than a bug.  Motive is overzealous paranoia that someone will watch without being a subscriber...

0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

No, I think it is just bad coding skills.

jp_andy

Jump to solution

I agree it is bad coding. I am authenticated through my cable provider. I am a subscriber. And I seen people getting the same issues with paramount plus.