Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CeeBee
Level 7

We have dish and Food Network is on our plan, but it is not fully unlocked on Roku!

We have dish and Food Network is on our plan, but it is not fully unlocked on Roku!

How do we successfully unlock the channel on Roku. We are already signed in through Dish; other channels work, but Food and Discovery are showing locked episodes.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: We have dish and Food Network is on our plan, but it is not fully unlocked on Roku!

@CeeBee 

Thanks for the post.

Have you authenticated both the Food and Discovery channels with your Dish credentials? When you try to access a locked episode, does it allow you to authenticate with your TV subscription?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Chevelleman
Level 7

Re: We have dish and Food Network is on our plan, but it is not fully unlocked on Roku!

I have similar issue.  I have xfinity and the roku Premiere (no issues on it)..however, on an older version of Roku in my bedroom, the Food Network App will not unlock the episodes...still shows the key although it shows I'm logged in.

0 Kudos
Shelmar
Level 7

Same issue on Xfinity.  I have to unlock every time we want to watch Food Network Go.

0 Kudos
Acmul
Level 7

Same issue started today with spectrum. Has been working fine for months. Now suddenly I’m locked out. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Acmul

Thanks for the post.

Have you made sure to authenticate the channel with your account credentials? If you are still unable to resolve the issue, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos