Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mox575
Level 7

Watching Hulu through Roku Acct.

Jump to solution

Is it possible to watch Hulu on my PC through my Roku account without the Roku device. My TV has the Roku device attached. My wife and daughter use that to watch their shows. I watch Roku shows through my Account on my PC. So far I have been unable to find a way for me to watch Hulu. Is it even possible? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Watching Hulu through Roku Acct.

Jump to solution

Hi @mox575,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community! 

For more information about that channel's account authentication functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Hulu support here: https://help.hulu.com/s/?language=en_US 

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

Regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5\
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @mox575,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community! 

For more information about that channel's account authentication functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Hulu support here: https://help.hulu.com/s/?language=en_US 

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

Regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

streaming_fan
Level 9

Jump to solution

"Is it possible to watch Hulu on my PC through my Roku account without the Roku device. My TV has the Roku device attached. My wife and daughter use that to watch their shows. I watch Roku shows through my Account on my PC. So far I have been unable to find a way for me to watch Hulu. Is it even possible? Thanks."

--  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  

Do you mean in a web browser on a PC pointed to therokuchannel.com and watch Hulu?  I don't think so.  Is that what you meant?

Just curious, on your PC, you could just point your browser to hulu.com and log in and watch.  Maybe have two browser tabs, one logged in to therokuchannel.com and the other logged in to hulu.com, both logged in.  Also, you could make shortcuts on your PC desktop for each.  Not what you were looking for? 

Pretty sure therokuchannel.com only lets you watch, well, The Roku Channel in your browser on your PC.  Not Hulu or any other channel.  Is that what you were asking?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@mox575 wrote:

Is it possible to watch Hulu on my PC through my Roku account without the Roku device. My TV has the Roku device attached. My wife and daughter use that to watch their shows. I watch Roku shows through my Account on my PC. So far I have been unable to find a way for me to watch Hulu. Is it even possible? Thanks.

Depends on how you subscribed to Hulu.  If you subscribed through Roku you'll only be able to watch on the Roku.  If you subscribed directly with Hulu on their website you can log into hulu.com in a browser on your computer to watch it, or on any device which has a Hulu app.

Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
mox575
Level 7

Jump to solution

I was ab;e to access it through Hulu. Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
streaming_fan
Level 9

Jump to solution

@mox575 You're welcome.  

0 Kudos